Search

Winter Bonusland -- Earn Up to 16 Credits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Winter Bonusland -- Earn Up to 16 Credits

Just got this e-mail from Southwest:

Dear zachary,

It's a Winter Bonusland with Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards--which means a flurry of bonus credits are coming your way!

This winter season, Rapid Rewards Members can warm things up with up-to 16bonus credits from Rapid Rewards Preferred Partner purchases. That's enough for a <nblsfree flight*! Just use the same Preferred Partners you've always used, or even some you've never before tried!

All you need to do is visit southwest.com/winterbonusland, fill out the form, and get your special offer details.

Happy Holidays!

So I got all excited and clicked on my offer, which was for 2 RR credits if I had 15 partner "purchases" between today and Feb. 15; 4 credits if I have 18; 6 credits if I have 21; 8 credits if I have 24; 10 credits if I have 27; and 16 credits if I have 30.

While I appreciate the offer, that's a lot of partner "purchases." I suspect it's because I get a lot of credits that way, but it seems a little stingy to me. I'm curious if others got more generous offers.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:15 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You're way ahead of me since when I try to register I get:

Originally Posted by Southwest.com
We are unable to locate your Rapid Rewards Number. If you feel this is an error, click "Try Again" or click on MySouthwest to login to your account and register.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:22 pm
ski

Received promo- 4=1, up to 25 =16 credits.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by ski
Received promo- 4=1, up to 25 =16 credits.
+5: myself, wife, daughter, mother, and father.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Beckles
You're way ahead of me since when I try to register I get:
You got that error message because of the horrible programming that Southwest has been doing of late. You did not put the 4 leading 0's before your RR number.

Tabbing through the fields also does not work correctly.

The errors in their Web programming have become embarassing.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by zachary
Just got this e-mail from Southwest:

So I got all excited and clicked on my offer, which was for 2 RR credits if I had 15 partner "purchases" between today and Feb. 15; 4 credits if I have 18; 6 credits if I have 21; 8 credits if I have 24; 10 credits if I have 27; and 16 credits if I have 30.

While I appreciate the offer, that's a lot of partner "purchases." I suspect it's because I get a lot of credits that way, but it seems a little stingy to me. I'm curious if others got more generous offers.
I got the same offer as you but my wife got one that starts at 3 and goes up to 25.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Received 3 purchases =1 credit; 5 = 2; 7 = 3; 10 = 5; 20 = 10 & 25 = 16

wife: 5=1 and so on

tips or strategies to hit these targets?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: status-less.
I got 10 => 2, 14 => 4,...,30 => 16. My better half got 3 => 1, 5 => 2,...,25 => 16. I'm the one who earns the RR credits and has the CP, she's my Companion and rarely earns a credit.

--edited out my earlier incorrect comment after more careful reading of the T&C.

Last edited by jtaft; Nov 19, 2009 at 6:36 pm
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I guess I know where I will credit all my car rentals for a bit
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I can't tell which offer I got, its not in the T&C and it refers back to the original offer page, and its not in the email that has the RR#. Doesn't this violate WN's Keep It Simple strategy?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:37 pm

My Daughter who is only 3 and only gets credits for flights received:
3=1
5=2
7=3
20=10
25=16

My Husband who gets a bit more credits received:
5=1
8=2
10=3
15=5
20=10
25=16

I didn't get an email notification like they did, I rack up the most credits in the family - but when I logged in:
8=1
10=2
12=3
15=5
20=10
25=16

Shows it must be past credit received that determined the "start" amount of credits.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:43 pm

Winterbonus Land & Southwest Visa

Terms and Conditions

4. BONUS CREDITS. Once registered, when you complete Partner purchases during the Promotion Period, you can receive up to 16 bonus credits in your Rapid Rewards account. A Partner purchase is one or more credits or a partial credit earned in a member's Rapid Rewards account on a single date from a qualifying Partner. Limit one Partner purchase per qualifying Partner per day, with the exception of Partner point transfers and Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase cardholder transactions, which are limited to one per day and three per Partner, respectively, during the Promotion Period. Flight credits are not considered eligible purchases. Bonus credits can take up to 6 to 8 weeks after promotion period ends to post to account. The transaction date is provided to Southwest by the Rapid Rewards Preferred Partner. All qualifying purchases must post to your Rapid Rewards account no later than February 28, 2010, to qualify for a bonus credit. You must enter your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of booking or check-in to receive bonus credit.

For existing Rapid Rewards Credit Card/Business Credit Cardmembers: Existing Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase cardholders ("Cardmember") as of November 16, 2009, can earn up to three (3) transactions during the Promotion Period. Cardmembers can earn one transaction per billing cycle when one or more Rapid Rewards credits based on normal earn (excluding bonus credits) are transferred from your credit card account to your Rapid Rewards account, up to a maximum of three transactions earned per each Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase. Only transfers that occur between November 19, 2009, and February 15, 2010, qualify toward the Promotion.

I consider myself to be at least somewhat intelligent - but this is making my head spin for some reason tonight.

Has someone got a good grasp on this????
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:52 pm

I read it as a maximum of 3 credit card posts to your account during the prmo time will count. So if you spend $3600 in month 1 and 0 in month 2 you will get 1 transaction in your account from chase for 3 rr and you will have 1 partner event. If you spend $1200 each of months 1 thru 3 you will have 3 transactions in your rr account from chase and you will have the maximum of 3 events from the credit card. It is really, realy worded badly from southwest.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:20 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lougord99
You got that error message because of the horrible programming that Southwest has been doing of late. You did not put the 4 leading 0's before your RR number.
My RR number has five leading zeroes and doesn't work with or without them.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:28 pm

3 diiferent people got 3 different offers.
5=1 8=2
4=1 6=2
3=1 5=2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.