Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 25 SW bonus credits at Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest CP, Hyatt Gold Passport Plat, Priority Club Plat, Best Western Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Earn up to 25 SW bonus credits at Hyatt

I came across this offer being discussed in the Hyatt Gold Passport forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...2-31-09-a.html. It's a bit hard to find, buried with a few other airline promos, so I thought I'd post the SW specific info here.

> EARN UP TO 25 BONUS CREDITS WITH HYATT

Southwest Rapid Rewards members are invited to join the Hyatt Gold Passport™ global loyalty program and earn up to 25 Rapid Rewards bonus credits. Earn 2.5 Rapid Rewards bonus credits after every two eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide between September 15 and December 31, 2009. The more nights you stay, the more bonus credits you earn.

Participating Hyatt brands include Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™ and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™.
Earn up to 25 bonus credits

* Join Hyatt Gold Passport today.
* Complete two eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide between September 15 and December 31, 2009.
* Provide your Hyatt Gold Passport and Rapid Rewards account numbers at reservation and check-in.
* Request Rapid Rewards points at check-in for each of your eligible stays.

These credits are in addition to the .5 base credits per Hyatt stay you can earn as a Hyatt Gold Passport member.

> Promotional Terms and Conditions

Please note that although it's not worded as such, existing Gold Passport members are also eligible to register. The offer page has two options, one for new members and one for current members to enter their membership number.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: status-less.
Unfortunately this can't be stacked on top of the Faster Free Nights promo that's also in effect with Hyatt in about the same timeframe. FFN (either the rooms or points option) requires you to take Hyatt points and this promo requires you to take miles.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, CP. Hyatt Diamond. LuggageWorks Stealth 22"
can get both miles and free nights

I saw on the Hyatt board (Boardingarea) that the rules have been reivsed to allow one to get airline miles and get Hyatt Faster Free Nights simultaneously
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:40 am

FWIW, this promo is a very good deal and stackable with an even better deal. Each 2 stays will get you 3.5 RR credits as well as one free night at ANY Hyatt hotel worldwide (including Park Hyatts, etc). If you can find a sub $80-90 rate, then this is a smoking deal as the RR credits are worth roughly $70, and the free night is worth quite some coin as well, especially if you can redeem it at an expensive property such as Hyatt Highlands Carmel or Park Hyatt Beaver Creek or Park Hyatt Paris, where rooms routinely run $500+ during peak season. And it's a great way to rack up lots of RR credits. I'm going to try to max this out with 20 stays, so I will get 35 RR credits, or over 1/3 of the way towards my next Companion Pass. Definitely a good hotel promo to look into, especially if you travel for work and/or can hotel hop between cheap Hyatt Place properties. ^

And the above poster (in Post #3) is correct, now you CAN earn both the airline mile bonus AND the Faster Free Night on the same stay. ^
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This of course assumes that Hyatt actually gives you the credits, which they did not do for me back in the spring (2/4/6/8 promo or something like that).
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest CP, Hyatt Gold Passport Plat, Priority Club Plat, Best Western Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
I've just completed five stays (5 nights hopping) and did indeed receive both bonus miles and FFN credit. For each night, Stay miles, Bonus miles and FFN Awards earned posted to my account concurrently.

Last edited by SisterEarth; Nov 3, 2009 at 10:20 am
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
This of course assumes that Hyatt actually gives you the credits, which they did not do for me back in the spring (2/4/6/8 promo or something like that).
I assume your stays posted with Hyatt points instead of miles. This is a very common problem when you try to credit Hyatt stays to FF mileage accts, and I might add it is quite annoying.

But the thing to realize is that Hyatt is IMHO the BEST/EASIEST company to deal with on the phone. In fact their CSRs are even easier to deal with than SWAs, and that's saying something since SWA has by far the best phone CSRs of any domestic airline IMHO. You call them, tell them you wanted miles instead of Hyatt points, they will ask you which stay dates and for your SWA RR #, you give them this info and they will post it then and there WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH YOU. And you are done with the whole phone call in less than 2 minutes. You really can't find an easier company to deal with when trying to get credit for missing stays/bonuses/etc than Hyatt IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.