Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated WN Hawai'i rumors thread (post-ATA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated WN Hawai'i rumors thread (post-ATA)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
They used to fly that route. Not sure when it ended. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300202848.html

That being said, I’m not sure how Hawaii will be much different than flying LAX-BWI or SEA-BWI r/t. If they don’t fly red eyes, they could just run evening flights to the islands and morning flights to the west coast or run a full day of LAS/PHX-LAX-Hawaii-SAN-PHX/LAS or something similar.
Or they could run AM west coast-Hawaii flights and evening returns, like most AS/HA flights (maybe followed by red eye connections east). Or they could do both if they really go in big.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:57 am

What happened to PHX? I have heard that may be a possibility for Hawaii flights as well?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sweet.

A month ago, I booked our 2018 spring break to KOA, a convoluted collection of WN, AS, and AA itins to take advantage of some West Coast deals that were available. No real complaints - AS is pretty comfy and I have Gold on AA - but it's nice to know that in the future there will be one-stop all-WN options from the Midwest. (Hopefully to various HI airports by the time I'm booking another one of these...)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Again, from AT101: "Gate agents in SJC all wearing leis and Hawaiian sheets this morning........"
Hawaiian sheets?

Originally Posted by Froog
What happened to PHX? I have heard that may be a possibility for Hawaii flights as well?
I'm not sure the MAX8 has the legs for Hawaii from Phoenix, especially in the summer. I'd love to see same plane through service like AQ.

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Or they could run AM west coast-Hawaii flights and evening returns, like most AS/HA flights (maybe followed by red eye connections east). Or they could do both if they really go in big.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them do morning westbound, afternoon eastbound flights like AS/HA. I'm a huge fan of the 7a SAN-OGG flight on AS. On the beach by 11a (noon if I stop at Costco or get coffee near the airport). ^
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I wouldn't be surprised to see them do morning westbound, afternoon eastbound flights like AS/HA. I'm a huge fan of the 7a SAN-OGG flight on AS. On the beach by 11a (noon if I stop at Costco or get coffee near the airport). ^
That's essentially what we're on going to KOA...early AM flight out, pick up rental car, grab some lunch, afternoon on the beach.

One would hope by then that Southwest's booking engine will be sophisticated enough to sell an overnight connection and not force 2 PNRs.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:54 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
"we don't have an announced intention yet of serving Hawaii"

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/honol...81921658225135

"Announced"... "Yet"... Spoken like a presidential candidate who isn't ready to spill the beans...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Playing snippets of hawaiian music over and over at Gate 12 LAX today
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Let the countdown begin!

Press conference/News at 10am Hawaii time/3pm CST

1 more hour left to go. Hurry it up!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
But to connect to the rest of the WN system (if they so desire), WN will have to schedule redeyes from Hawaii-West Coast and/or West Coast-"hub airports". WN currently doesn't like to do double connections so the Hawaii flights would have to continue on to a "hub" for onward connection. Or WN could enable double connections for the Hawaii flights (their new reservations system has double connection functionality, afaik).
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Is there a link to the press conference?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Is there a link to the press conference?
I have been Googling and have not found one yet.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Can't find a press release either! I've been out of the SEC game for awhile but thought significant announcements were made simultaneously...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
More rumors/speculation from this morning:

http://www.avgeekery.com/rumor-round...t-plane-crazy/

Acquire Hawaiian? Codeshare with Hawaiian?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Let the countdown begin!

Press conference/News at 10am Hawaii time/3pm CST

1 more hour left to go. Hurry it up!
OK, I'll be the Doubting Thomas. Where did you get this info? Any indication it's actually happening?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Southwest
Originally Posted by maquez
OK, I'll be the Doubting Thomas. Where did you get this info? Any indication it's actually happening?
Seems unlikely since it was over 30 mins ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.