Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Gift Card for Carnival

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Southwest Gift Card for Carnival

I have Southwest Points that I will never use. I am considering transferring those points into a Carnival Cruise gift card through the "More Rewards" program. I cannot find in the terms and conditions and I want to confirm before purchasing:

Can Carnival Cruise gift cards can be used toward the PURCHASE and booking of a cruise? I'm not interested in the "on-board credit" account only on purchasing a cruise.

Please help me understand more about how these gift cards can be used. Thanks so much in advance!
Old May 1, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tmlss
I have Southwest Points that I will never use. I am considering transferring those points into a Carnival Cruise gift card through the "More Rewards" program. I cannot find in the terms and conditions and I want to confirm before purchasing:

Can Carnival Cruise gift cards can be used toward the PURCHASE and booking of a cruise? I'm not interested in the "on-board credit" account only on purchasing a cruise.

Please help me understand more about how these gift cards can be used. Thanks so much in advance!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Try here for details.

Relevant quote:

Q: What is a Carnival Gift Card?
A: The Carnival Gift Card is a pre-paid gift card similar to a gift certificate that can be used as payment toward a cruise booking, pre-purchased shore excursion or spa experience or toward your onboard spending account. The gift card may be purchased (at www.carnivalgiftcards.com) and redeemed (www.carnival.com) online or directly onboard. It's more convenient than cash or a paper gift certificate.
I would double check with Carnival to be certain that the ones bought at WN are eligible, but I see no reason they would not.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: WN
Beware! The Carnival redemption option is NOT a carnival gift card. It is a certificate that can only be used towards new bookings. Here is the verbiage from the website:

"Certificates are not accepted for existing reservations and can only be used toward bookings"

I ordered one of these after I booked my Carnival cruise and when I decided that I would be driving and not flying I would would use my WN points towards a Carnival Gift card to use as spending money on board, but that was not allowed! I quickly sent the certificate back and got my points back.

Just keep this in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.