Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing the name of a person on a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Changing the name of a person on a ticket?

I can't find the answer to this question, so I hope someone here can help me.

If I book flights for 2 people (me and a friend), and then nearer the date my friend can't make it, can I change the name on 1 of the tickets to another person (i.e. another friend of mine).

It would just be a normal booking via the website, it's my 1st time with Southwest as I live in the UK...

How much would this cost?
Can you change it online, or do you need to phone reservations?

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by seattle29

If I book flights for 2 people (me and a friend), and then nearer the date my friend can't make it, can I change the name on 1 of the tickets to another person (i.e. another friend of mine).

It would just be a normal booking via the website, it's my 1st time with Southwest as I live in the UK...

Thanks
you would have to cancel the ticket for friend1 and then use the funds to rebook it for friend2, and pay any difference in fare. this could be done online or over the phone
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential

Thanks
If your still looking for the answer let me know and I'll explain.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:44 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

Thanks
You can't change the name once you buy the ticket. The only exception is if you make a genuine typo and you phone Southwest they MIGHT go to the considerable trouble of changing the name for you.

I recommend that you buy one ticket for each name. Cancel the one you aren't going to use and sell the travel credit on ebay for 85% of face value or else use it yourself within a year of the original purchase date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.