Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJO connecting flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

SJO connecting flights

I'm looking to fly from ABQ to SJO and back. If I search with SJO-->ABQ I only get Sunday flights. But I can search SJO-->HOU and get one flight on each day. Then I can search HOU--ABQ and get several flights after the SJO flight arrives.

Why does WN set the schedule up this way? Is there any problem booking the legs separately? For some days, it isn't any more expensive.

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Southwest does not sell flights that require more than one connection and/or more than a 4 hour layover. I did a quick search and it looks like flights with under 4 hour connection in HOU require a second connection in DAL and that the next available HOU-ABQ nonstop is well outside of the 4 hour window.

If you're fine with booking two tickets go ahead since you would have had to claim and recheck luggage no matter what upon arriving in Houston. Just be sure to give yourself some time between flights.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:57 am

The risk is on you if something happens with your first flight and you miss your 2nd flight if booked separately. However the risk is less on WN with their generous policies
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alggag
Southwest does not sell flights that require more than one connection and/or more than a 4 hour layover.
I did not know that! That explains it.

Thanks,
X
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
But lately it sells 6 or more stops flights!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:30 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
But lately it sells 6 or more stops flights!
The crazy segment trips only exist in the new reservation system (going after May). In fact, trying a test search in June does pull up available weekday flights from SJO-ABQ with multiple stops, with a plane change in HOU and a stop in PHX. My guess is that OP is searching for a flight in May or earlier and the old system probably doesn't see those as "allowable" flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.