Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 Stop No Plane Change Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by mke9499
If you are allowed to deplane at BWI, you will need to wait until all other deplaning pax (either who are terminating or connecting at BWI) exit, so the FAs can do a thru count.
Nah. Sit up front, mention it to the FA in flight, and again when you get off. And of course, tell the ops agent that meets the flight.

Also offer to get something for the crew if they're going to SLC. That always helps.

Originally Posted by joshua362
After moving up to the exit row of course!
Tisk tisk... That's what your traveling companion should do.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by joshua362
After moving up to the exit row of course!
Awwww, man, don't do that! Someone who popped for BS or Upgraded Boarding wants that seat and his whole trip will be ruined if you're sitting there.

We have enough of those threads here already!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mbaker0936
Thanks everyone! Coming off of a cruise, so can't make anything to take. FLL has terrible options for food also, guess it will be protein bars and some jerky for lunch that day
There is one possible option, that hasn't been discussed, that of an unscheduled aircraft change at BWI. Maintenance routings for individual aircraft often change dynamically throughout the operational day, and it is very often easier for SWA to make such routing changes at a location where there are a large number of aircraft transiting. BWI, MDW, HOU, DAL, PHX, DEN, OAK, and LAS are the primary and most likely examples here, although "aircraft swaps" are possible just about anywhere.

Should the planets line up just right for you, you could have an aircraft swap in BWI, with the new aircraft you'll be taking BWI-SLC not having arrived in BWI yet. If that occurs, you might have enough groundtime in BWI to rustle up some food before the other aircraft arrives or starts boarding. I emphasize this is only a possibility, and aircraft swaps are sometimes reversed at the last-minute due changing operational needs.

Best advice is to take some extra protein bars/jerky along, and take advantage of any opportunities at BWI only if they present themselves with time permitting..
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
How about bringing along some leftovers from the cruise? Food from a cruise will beat airport food most anytime/anywhere!

Not if it is a Carnival cruise

I do agree FLL has very limited options. But even a nice selection of snacks could suffice in case there is just no time in BWI.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by 737MAX8
Not if it is a Carnival cruise

I do agree FLL has very limited options. But even a nice selection of snacks could suffice in case there is just no time in BWI.
There's a pretty awful bagel place at FLL. But, even that has options which can make up a couple of sandwiches for what will wind up being a 9+ hour flight.

Alternative: DL flies this route for $164 and offers BOB. And its a 321 for the MIDCON ATL-SLC !
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by Often1
There's a pretty awful bagel place at FLL. But, even that has options which can make up a couple of sandwiches for what will wind up being a 9+ hour flight.

Alternative: DL flies this route for $164 and offers BOB. And its a 321 for the MIDCON ATL-SLC !
We usually fly DL but we have the southwest companion pass and got a steal using points. We can suck it for the time I am sure we have plenty of reserves after a week on a cruise our body can feed off of.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
Awwww, man, don't do that! Someone who popped for BS or Upgraded Boarding wants that seat and his whole trip will be ruined if you're sitting there.

We have enough of those threads here already!
hahahaha well I guess we are going to ruin someone's day! I have been surprised lately that being the end of A we either get first row or the exit row still.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
I enjoyed doing this on a one stop flight in TPA earlier in the fall, when I moved to the infinite legroom seat. A1 did not look happy at all!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Currently on the second half of a BOS-STL-HOU direct flight. Scheduled 55m in STL, but we were 20 minutes early, so the layover was plenty long.

the FA at the front said he had me for the count, and I could deplane and leave my stuff on board. We were at E18 at STL -- right by Vino Volo. Perfecto! When it looked like activity was starting, I walked onboard and plopped down in 1F. The door was open for thru passengers the whole time.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by elevatorgeek
A1 did not look happy at all!
I can imagine! He probably logged on here right away to start a complaining thread.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
I can imagine! He probably logged on here right away to start a complaining thread.
Especially since there were only two thrus (including me!) He sat in the exit row window on the other side.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Seat1A
Currently on the second half of a BOS-STL-HOU direct flight. Scheduled 55m in STL, but we were 20 minutes early, so the layover was plenty long.

the FA at the front said he had me for the count, and I could deplane and leave my stuff on board. We were at E18 at STL -- right by Vino Volo. Perfecto! When it looked like activity was starting, I walked onboard and plopped down in 1F. The door was open for thru passengers the whole time.
Yup, this is pretty much the status quo when you are on a no plane change with an early arrival and plenty of time at the stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.