Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Screens at gates show standby and cleared pax lists

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

A couple weeks ago I noticed that the big flat screens at the gate in OAK now include the standby list and the cleared list as two of their rotating displays. The standby list has an orange header and the cleared list has a green header. As a A-List Preferred member I have found myself at the top of the standby list every time so far.

Other airlines have done this for years. It's nice to see Southwest catching up. It does save gate agents' time formerly spent answering individual queries.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:42 pm

At least at MDW they've been doing this for years. I think they have them at TPA too but I didn't look too hard...thought I saw them at BDL. Know they are not at FLL and really haven't been elsewhere in the system lately.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I guess I am oblivious. I have never seen them at MDW even when going standby.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta
When I was at MDW a few weeks ago they were using a paper list. I think it had standbys on the left half and volunteers on the right.

They ended up not needing any volunteers nor able to accommodate any standbys. Two checked-in passengers were paged but didn't show.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:41 pm

The screens with the standby lists have existed since at least 2013.

There was an issue and they were off for a good chunk of this year but they are back in operation at airports that have the monitors in the gate area (NOT the monitor behind the CSA at the desk).
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:07 pm

I noticed them first used many years ago, probably at MDW, but don't really see them utilized much anymore. The flatscreens are usually just showing the flight info/advertising cycle.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:27 pm

These have been at OAK for quite a while...nothing new.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:57 pm

These screens have been at STL for at least a year or so now if I remember correctly. I know they don't have them at MCI though, and when I asked about it, they told me they were unable to install them because the antiquated terminal setup wouldn't allow it (WN employee's word, not mine).

Last edited by Poker2012chu; Dec 7, 2016 at 11:03 pm Reason: Edited for clarity.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
I noticed them first used many years ago, probably at MDW, but don't really see them utilized much anymore. The flatscreens are usually just showing the flight info/advertising cycle.
See post above yours, there was an issue for a while. Fixed now. They are now operational at MDW again ^
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:32 pm

I saw your post.

I was just at MDW on Monday. The screens in the seating area my gate (B11 if I remember right) were showing the general flight info and some WN advertising. There were a few standbys on my flight -- I heard the announcements for them to come to the desk -- but no names were ever listed on the screen. Maybe they only use them for longer lists?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.