Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using companion pass for COS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Even assuming that use of a CP was not valid, then a second seat should have been issued at the gate anyway.

What was the problem?

Obviously someone at Southwest was not thinking things through.
Exactly.

The only scenario in which this possibly makes sense is if the OP doesn't qualify as a COS, but that doesn't seem to have been the argument presented to him/her.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Sounds like an agent that needs some training. Significant training.

A COS using their CP for their COS is a win for WN in a major way, so why would WN forbid the COS using their CP for their COS seat? If the customer is a COS, the need the seat and WN's policy is to give it no matter what.

If the COS qualifies for CP by flying (rather than via credit card spend) they are a high valued customer and there is no reason to not allow them to use their CP for their COS seat.

Silly agent.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Originally Posted by ursine1
Nothing about this makes any sense. I can't see any reason why any agent would be against using a CP for the COS 2nd seat, unless they didn't feel that the OP qualified as a COS (non-COS can't use their CP to gain an extra seat). But the OP stated that it should have been obvious.

COS using the CP for the 2nd seat benefits WN, when compared to a COS using their CP for another person plus requesting the 2nd seat the "usual" way (2 seats vs 3 seats).

<headscratcher>
Exactly. Done it many times in the past. My shoulders require a seat of their own (60L jacket size), but my waist is OK (42). Still well into the 300's...

Just was absolutely bizarre. I think she was thinking that I wasn't a COS as when I stated it to her, she seemed "surprised" like no one told her that nugget of information. She then retreated, BUT then came back and added more fuel to the fire by saying I couldn't do it anymore or my CP would be "revoked"! I called in, nothing has changed according to SWA CS. They were looking into.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Bizarre to say the least but if they are going to give you the 2nd seat for free (not even the $5.60), why not save the CP for Mrs. COS? Other than check-in and refunding hassles?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joshua362
Bizarre to say the least but if they are going to give you the 2nd seat for free (not even the $5.60), why not save the CP for Mrs. COS? Other than check-in and refunding hassles?
Because buying the seat and getting the refund can be difficult in its own way. With the CP it is over and done and can be booked with ease. I have done it both ways now using points for the 2nd seat. I got the refund easy enough but CP was easier.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by leeinct
Exactly. Done it many times in the past. My shoulders require a seat of their own (60L jacket size), but my waist is OK (42). Still well into the 300's...

Just was absolutely bizarre. I think she was thinking that I wasn't a COS as when I stated it to her, she seemed "surprised" like no one told her that nugget of information. She then retreated, BUT then came back and added more fuel to the fire by saying I couldn't do it anymore or my CP would be "revoked"! I called in, nothing has changed according to SWA CS. They were looking into.
Have you had any more issues at Denver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.