Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest CIO inducted into "CIO Hall of Fame"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

"The Hall of Fame honors CIOs whose vision, commitment and adaptability stand out as examples of practical leadership in IT."

Meet the 2016 CIO 100 winners and Hall of Fame Inductees

Randy Sloan, senior vice president and CIO, Southwest Airlines Co.

Since early 2012, Sloan has held the role of senior vice president and CIO at Southwest Airlines: “The best CIO gig in the industry.” Sloan says he’s blessed with 1) an executive team that understands the optimal way to grow and compete is through technology; 2) a CFO who believes technology is an enabler, not a cost center; and 3) strong business performance, which allows Southwest to invest.
Seriously. You can't make this stuff up.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
OMG, what a farce. What else can be said?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Ha ha ha
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:06 am

Unless there are only 100 people total who were qualified and this is a "participation medal". I have no words...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Lisa: This award is the biggest farce I've ever seen.
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Zorak
Lisa: This award is the biggest farce I've ever seen.
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.
Exxxxxcelllllllent... This episode did come to mind a few days ago! Maybe they are cheating the CIO out of something in a similar manner so he can't sue as well.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:01 pm

That's not the same episode where the inanimate carbon rod won employee of the month, is it?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
That's not the same episode where the inanimate carbon rod won employee of the month, is it?
I couldn't remember, but Google says inanimate carbon rod is from Deep Space Homer, whereas the above video is from Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.