Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

The Meltdown Continues: Can't Log In to Site or App

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT

Trying to add a companion for a flight tomorrow afternoon. Website and app keep saying I've entered the wrong password (even though it's the same I've always used). Currently locked out of both.

Anyone else having issues here?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:12 am

Just checked. No problems here for myself nor my wife.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Just got in now. However, erroring out as I try to add companion.

Please, please, please don't make me call.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by palmetto86
Trying to add a companion for a flight tomorrow afternoon. Website and app keep saying I've entered the wrong password (even though it's the same I've always used). Currently locked out of both.

I had that issue early this morning; so, I reset the password and everything is okay, again.

Let's hope that this is not related to Wednesday's meltdown. I had the same issue early Wednesday afternoon, shortly before the system completely failed.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:37 am

Just got in now. However, erroring out as I try to add companion.

Please, please, please don't make me call.
I couldn't log in, either. Tried a different browser and that worked. Went back to Firefox and cleared out all the southwest.com cookies and now things are working.

Something is definitely going on.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:44 am

Still wonky. If I am logged in and check flight status, it takes me to the correct page but appear to no longer be logged in.

Using the latest Firefox browser...

This is happening in IE, too.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I can login (Chrome) but can't add a companion. Sad part is that I didn't expect to nor even bothered to try last night when I made reservations, figure that's the least of their worries.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:17 am

I got the same message and had to choose to follow the link to change my password as well. Probably was a good idea anyway since I had been using it for so long.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
My password works OK.

Fortunately, I added companion passes to all our flights through September last Tuesday. Luck!!

Tried to add my companion to an October 1 flight and got this message:

"We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."

Hope they have the system fixed by Labor Day.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:32 pm

I can log in just fine, but if I try to do anything other than buy or change a ticket, you get logged out when trying to click on anything else, like flight status, etc. You can click the back button and it still appears you are logged in, but if you reload the page, it then appears you are logged out.

However, I just found that if you click the Southwest logo at the top left of the page, you are still logged in and can see account functions, etc.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:10 am

Login problems still happening. Had to clear all southwest cookies from Firefox to even log back in.

Points from my wife's flight not showing up in her account. Went out Thursday came back yesterday.

This outage recovery is far from over...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by texashoser
Login problems still happening. Had to clear all southwest cookies from Firefox to even log back in.

Points from my wife's flight not showing up in her account. Went out Thursday came back yesterday.

This outage recovery is far from over...
Same here. Flew WN three times this week. (Talk about a test of strength and patience.)

No points have posted to my account.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:11 am

Can't add companion, as of yesterday not receiving confirmation emails following on-line purchases (however when I called back to get one I needed quickly it was sent within five minutes). Also account info on "my trips" is very slow to update. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
New (to me)/different sort of weirdness as of 445pm Herb Daylight Time. In this case, "maximum number" = only 1 attempt by me since a week ago.

Quite obviously the PR fiction from two days ago about "we had to replace 1 bad router and reboot 400 servers" was a dishonest/clueless SWA announcement from the get-go & they're still Tango Uniform.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I've had the same login problem the last couple of days. Clearing my cookies didn't help and I tried to log in again tonight (7/23 @ 21:00 PST)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.