Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List flying w/ family

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by justhere
Not so sure that's really the case, at least not here. As noted by another poster, at least four other US based airlines extend benefits of some sort to traveling companions. So if you are new to WN, it's a fair question to ask.

WN's model just doesn't support extending the benefits. Some people like that and some don't and that's ok. I think there are pros and cons to WN's model just as there are to the other models.

I don't see the OP's question as a way to "get something for nothing", just a question as to how to best utilize and understand what the benefits are.
I agree with you 100%. Other airlines even with credit card i.e. Citibank AA credit card, you companion can check in luggage free, boarding the same time with you.
Old May 27, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by hoang53
Other airlines even with credit card i.e. Citibank AA credit card, you companion can check in luggage free, boarding the same time with you.
Assigned seating makes boarding early together - and not alongside the worst number - possible for elites. Priority boarding sales are too critical to the bottom line. They're not about to sap inventory.

Until the Gerald Ford-era reservation system is overhauled, open seating drives decisions.

All bets are off after 2017.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by LegalTender
All bets are off after 2017.
Would you care to elaborate?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ssk1127
Interesting that those who have experience on other airlines understand my point - as a DL Medallion for many years, DL extends a number of benefits to include non-elite family members. Being new to A-List, I was a bit surprised to find that not to be the case at WN. I thought I was missing something, but the responses here confirm that actually I'm not.

It seems a number of folks are accusing me of asking for things I don't deserve...on the contrary, I'm just asking how to use something I've already earned. Unfortunately, the consensus is that it's useless for my family. As it's also basically useless for me as a solo business traveler, makes it a pretty easy decision not to go out of my way to make A-List again this year.
^^^

Would be less of an issue if WN had an option to reserve seats, current system encourages the seat saving mess. Fortunately for me, WN now has competition on all of my business routes, will only have to slum on WN a couple of times per year for leisure trips to LAS.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by diver858
Would you care to elaborate?
When IT projects are finished late next year, GK says Southwest will "have the capability to assign seats, sell extra legroom and launch a dual-class cabin." It's a dog whistle to investors they could offer a differentiated product and possibly earn more money. You know, be all grown up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.