Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Still the Easiest Airline to deal with

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
To make that statement properly, you need to have tried the same thing will ALL the other airlines.
He said it properly. He said he "think's" that they are the easiest airline to deal with. It was purely an opinion-based statement. He never said they *are* the easiest airline to deal with.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:38 pm

"Think" represents an opinion held with a low level of confidence.

To that point, I believe the statement is true.

think-vs-believe

(Also, it's worth noting that "think" doesn't appear in the the thread title.)
Old May 13, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
If you change international itinerary, taxes become nonrefundable

Just found this out the hard way today. If you make a change to an international itinerary, the taxes become nonrefundable. I called customer relations and they were able to refund it after 15-20 minutes of investigating, but online is impossible. So always cancel and rebook international itineraries.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
He said it properly. He said he "think's" that they are the easiest airline to deal with. It was purely an opinion-based statement. He never said they *are* the easiest airline to deal with.
I THINK the sun goes around the earth. Does my opinion change the fact that it doesn't?

Opinions, if properly considered, need to be informed by fact. Otherwise, they just crappy and baseless opinions.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I was scheduled to fly out of LAS to SFO this morning. When I woke up, the flight had been cancelled. To my surprise, it wasn't automatically rebooked. The text message asked me to click on a link and rebook myself. The problem was all flights had been sold out due to CES.

I did a few searches in my WN app and fortunately one seat opened up from LAS to OAK. So I was able to complete the rebook process in the app. The problem was I couldn't check in because there was an error. So I had to call their customer service service. I was lucky to have to hold only for a few minutes. The agent said there had been a hold on my rebooking (Why on earth?). She put me on hold for a few minutes and fix the problem. To her credit, she was able to get me A16 by checking in for me two hours before the flight.

I have flown 180K+ (mostly on *A) last year alone. Haven't had this kind of problem during IROPS. WN put the onus of rebooking on the passenger. This is an airline with sub par customer service. I usually have no choice for the CES trip but I would avoid it by all means.

Last edited by naumank; Jan 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Unfortunately, unlike other carriers, WN doesn't automatically rebook when they cancel a flight. There's been talk that the new reservations system, fully coming on line this year, may give them that capability.

On particularly annoying aspect of flying WN is that, in significant IROPS situations, the online rebooking option is often unavailable, or errors out, forcing a call to CS. You were lucky to get such a short hold time, people have been reporting very long waits over the past few days, due likely to multiple weather events and the shooting incident at FLL.

Your boarding position was also due to a bit of luck. Southwest re-issues the positions of pax who have been checked in but then cancel. A-16 at T-2 hours is most likely a result of that.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ursine1
Unfortunately, unlike other carriers, WN doesn't automatically rebook when they cancel a flight. There's been talk that the new reservations system, fully coming on line this year, may give them that capability.

On particularly annoying aspect of flying WN is that, in significant IROPS situations, the online rebooking option is often unavailable, or errors out, forcing a call to CS. You were lucky to get such a short hold time, people have been reporting very long waits over the past few days, due likely to multiple weather events and the shooting incident at FLL.

Your boarding position was also due to a bit of luck. Southwest re-issues the positions of pax who have been checked in but then cancel. A-16 at T-2 hours is most likely a result of that.
I do feel lucky. There were only two seats available from LAS to the Bay Area (all three airports all day) at the time of rebooking. I got one of them. The wait on the call was also reasonable (I think it was 5 minutes). Otherwise, I would have been stuck in Vegas for another day. Regarding the A16 position, I could have pushed for a A6-15 position (at least I could have paid $40) as there were at least 6-8 positions open by the time of boarding.

I wonder what happened to the rest of the passengers from the cancelled flight.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The easiest airline to deal with is the one where you have lounge access.

The 2nd easiest airline to deal with is the one where you have a high elite status.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:55 am

Yes. For simple flight changes, when the originally booked fare is still available, it's a breeze.

Try booking a new flight when yours has been cancelled in an IRROPS situation, and you can't do so online for no good reason so you have to call, and the hold times are 2+ hours, and you're disconnected and have to make multiple attempts, and are offered no call back options, and once you get through the next available flight is several days away.
I've experienced that with other airlines as well. js
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Yes. For simple flight changes, when the originally booked fare is still available, it's a breeze.

Try booking a new flight when yours has been cancelled in an IRROPS situation, and you can't do so online for no good reason so you have to call, and the hold times are 2+ hours, and you're disconnected and have to make multiple attempts, and are offered no call back options, and once you get through the next available flight is several days away.
Happens with every airline. Let's say I book a UA flight, who also interline with other airlines including AA and DL. If I wanted to fly DFW-MCO on them, they cancel and have no other good options, and I request to be put on a nonstop AA flight, it is probably near impossible for that to happen with someone being non-status.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by Super80Fan
Happens with every airline. Let's say I book a UA flight, who also interline with other airlines including AA and DL. If I wanted to fly DFW-MCO on them, they cancel and have no other good options, and I request to be put on a nonstop AA flight, it is probably near impossible for that to happen with someone being non-status.
Yeah, go over on the AA forum and there are several recent threads complaining "AA wouldn't re-route me on another carrier". Even with status, you have to have a very accommodating agent to even attempt to do this.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The scenarios you're talking about - long holds, flights booked for days, no rebooking on other carriers - are usually major WX events. Airlines generally don't rebook you outside their own alliance during WX, even with interline partners. (Big airlines have dozens of interline partners well beyond their alliance.) You probably need to be Global Service / Concierge Key to reliably get this: I know as a garden-variety UA 1K, I still had to wait for UA metal following a Denver snowstorm.

In the more one-off MX or other airline-specific problems, they should rebook another carrier. (Talking about most legacy/alliance carriers here.)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
What is a "non-opinion" statement then?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by wetrat0
Yeah, go over on the AA forum and there are several recent threads complaining "AA wouldn't re-route me on another carrier". Even with status, you have to have a very accommodating agent to even attempt to do this.
Has Southwest ever done this? (I do not read this forum enough to know)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Originally Posted by wetrat0
Good point, unless the issue is mechanical and the airline doesn't have any seats to get you there within a few days (along with needing a good agent) it probably won't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.