Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre weird

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

TSA Pre weird

I understood that "random inclusion" was over. I never had a KTN was never "invited" by Southwest yet on a recent flight I got TSA Pre.

Comments?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:03 pm

I don't believe random inclusion is totally gone. Just the probability of selection has been lowered.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by davie355
I don't believe random inclusion is totally gone. Just the probability of selection has been lowered.
Correct. I'm at about 90% Pre this year.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Yet I've flown an average of 30 flights per year since 2001.
Why aren't I included? I have at least 2 independant security clearances.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Meanwhile, I got an email last week that I now qualified via my RR account, and that I didn't have to do anything special. I thought it was extra funny, since I paid for it a year ago.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Algebralovr
Meanwhile, I got an email last week that I now qualified via my RR account, and that I didn't have to do anything special. I thought it was extra funny, since I paid for it a year ago.
Some months ago my wife got a similar email and has yet to get TSA-Pre and she flies more than me.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:35 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Call up Rapid Rewards and ask them to nominate you to TSA. Except I'm not sure TSA is still accepting nominations from airlines. Also, the airline can't tell you that it nominated you or that it didn't. Officially it's supposed to be on the airline's initiative.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by nsx
I would pay much more than the $85 that I did pay for the extra 10%.

It may be a scam, but I love being Pre 100% of the time.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Algebralovr
I got that about a year ago although I never asked, signed up or paid a fee. I do Fly-by whenever possible and have never seen a tremendous benefit by being in the Pre-Check line (from where I fly), often the lines are longer.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the "benefit" other than keeping one's shoes on?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Call up Rapid Rewards and ask them to nominate you to TSA. Except I'm not sure TSA is still accepting nominations from airlines. Also, the airline can't tell you that it nominated you or that it didn't. Officially it's supposed to be on the airline's initiative.
My wife and many people here have reported getting emails for Southwest that they were "nominated" by Southwest, so I don't think they need to keep it secret.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Originally Posted by joshua362
Perhaps I don't fully understand the "benefit" other than keeping one's shoes on?

Shoes stay on
Light Jacket stays on
Belt stays on (assuming small belt buckle)
Pockets do not have to empty except cell phone
Liquids do not have to come out
Laptops do not come out
You use the metal detector, not x-ray scanner
Lines are quicker (usually)

...but if that is not worth it, please stay in the standby line so it speeds the the process up with less people for the rest of us with Precheck!

Originally Posted by joshua362
I do Fly-by whenever possible and have never seen a tremendous benefit by being in the Pre-Check line (from where I fly), often the lines are longer.
There are a few times at small airports that Pre can be just as long...but both those waits are minimal...at major airports...WAY different story!...Every fly outta DEN or LAS at a peak time?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Out of ATL yesterday afternoon at North Security Check Point the Pre line was much longer than the regular line and took longer.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Out of ATL yesterday afternoon at North Security Check Point the Pre line was much longer than the regular line and took longer.
Unless you're checking bags or coming from the west part of Atlanta, the international terminal is highly recommended at most times of the day. I've never seen more than 5 people in line over there in the morning or early afternoon.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
tusphotog, when I last tried to enter through TSA at the international terminal they required a ticket to an Int'l flight. Was shortly after it opened.

Have things changed?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:04 am

Why not fork over $85 and get 100% Pre-check for the next five years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.