Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel one leg or move one to another date?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Cancel one leg or move one to another date?

Hi, I'm rather new to the SWA experience. I refused to fly it for years and am still morally opposed to the Greyhound bus of the skies, but I finally tried it a few times and shockingly find it to be more dignified and better organized than UA in many ways. The horror...

Anyway, I booked OAK-DEN-OAK for $188 9/2 and 9/15. Things change, and now I have to go to EUG, so I've booked SFO-EUG on UA on 9/2 and EUG-DEN on 9/4. Now I need to get back to SFO/OAK from DEN on 9/15. I don't want to rebook as a roundtrip OAK-DEN-OAK because I'm moving to EUG and would never use that second leg, so how do I best recoup my costs? Can I cancel the first leg OAK-DEN and keep the second leg DEN-OAK only? Or do I need to cancel and book a one way (which is more expensive than the original ticket for most flights that day)?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:01 am

Location: Inland Empire, semi-regularly going between LAX/ONT/SNA and IND/STL
Programs: Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
You can't cancel one leg of a round-trip online, but if you call Customer Service they should be able to help you.

It's usually a good idea to book both legs one-way so you can make changes yourself as needed.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
WN is one of very few carriers worldwide where booking one-ways rather than round-trips has multiple benefits and very few downsides (trips in vain are one).
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Trips in vain still works with one-ways. Simply call CS and tell them which one-way is your return flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.