Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

1/22-4/18 Promo fly 3RT/6OW - Get A-List status in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/22-4/18 Promo fly 3RT/6OW - Get A-List status in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:08 am

Doesn't look like I got this promotion. Any evidence that Southwest will extend a promotion offer if you ask? Or only if you are targeted? Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:09 am

FYI, when I log into my account now, it says "A-List" under my name.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:31 pm
jn_

I didn't get an offer, but my friend got this one below. Has anyone ever had success emailing someone there to try and get a challenge routed to their own account?

At Rapid Rewards®, we believe you deserve recognition for every flight you complete. That’s why our program offers tier status opportunities, such as A-List. With A-List status, you can enjoy priority boarding on all of your Southwest Airlines® flights, a 25% earning bonus, standby priority if your plans change, access to priority check-in and security lanes where available, and more.

To kick off the New Year, we’re offering our Denver area Members, such as yourself, a special offer to earn A-List status after completing just three roundtrips! Simply register, book, and fly three revenue roundtrips (or six one-way revenue flights) or earn 8,750 Tier Qualifying Points between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015, and you’ll qualify for A-List status to enjoy through the rest of the year.

This offer is just one of the ways we want to show Denver area Members our love. Remember, Southwest is not like the “other guys.” Not only do we offer wallet-friendly fares, first and second checked bags still fly free (we’re the only airline that offers this benefit), we don’t charge change fees, and Rapid Rewards Members get to enjoy the benefits of unlimited award seat availability, no blackout dates, and not worrying about your points expiring.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by jn_
I didn't get an offer, but my friend got this one below. Has anyone ever had success emailing someone there to try and get a challenge routed to their own account?

At Rapid Rewards®, we believe you deserve recognition for every flight you complete. That’s why our program offers tier status opportunities, such as A-List. With A-List status, you can enjoy priority boarding on all of your Southwest Airlines® flights, a 25% earning bonus, standby priority if your plans change, access to priority check-in and security lanes where available, and more.

To kick off the New Year, we’re offering our Denver area Members, such as yourself, a special offer to earn A-List status after completing just three roundtrips! Simply register, book, and fly three revenue roundtrips (or six one-way revenue flights) or earn 8,750 Tier Qualifying Points between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015, and you’ll qualify for A-List status to enjoy through the rest of the year.

This offer is just one of the ways we want to show Denver area Members our love. Remember, Southwest is not like the “other guys.” Not only do we offer wallet-friendly fares, first and second checked bags still fly free (we’re the only airline that offers this benefit), we don’t charge change fees, and Rapid Rewards Members get to enjoy the benefits of unlimited award seat availability, no blackout dates, and not worrying about your points expiring.
I tried to get southwest to let me join the promotion but I just got a voicemail this morning saying they won't since it's targeted
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Has anyone confirmed that flights booked prior to 1/22 for travel during the period of the promotion will count? I'm assuming so, but the wording is "book and fly 3 revenue round trips..."

Have 8 flights during that time, but all booked before 1/22.

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mkenwayx
Has anyone confirmed that flights booked prior to 1/22 for travel during the period of the promotion will count? I'm assuming so, but the wording is "book and fly 3 revenue round trips..."

Thanks!

No. The Terms & Conditions posted in this thread read, in part:

Qualifying three roundtrips (or six one-ways) must be booked between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:50 am

Thanks!
Have to be booked and flown. If you have one that was booked, call them up and explain the situation. I was able to have them manually do it for the same price so it would count towards my run
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, HH Diamond
How long should I expect for it to take for A-list status to be reflected on-line (I registered yesterday)? And should I hesitate to make a reservation before that change is reflected?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold

Thanks!
I had this happen with their triple points promotion in the fall. My flights booked beforehand did not count for 3x miles. So, I would avoid risking it if flight prices are still about the same
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay

No. The Terms & Conditions posted in this thread read, in part:
The other way to earn the status in this promotion is to earn 8,750 TQPs during the promotional period. Based on my reading of it, you just have to earn the points during the qualifying period...it doesn't matter when the travel was booked.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Sure wish they would've targeted DAL passengers with this. I'm AA Gold who lives less next to DAL and am trying to make the switch to WN this year. Pretty annoying that I can't challenge to A-list and am stuck having to pay $500 extra for EBCI to "ensure" an A boarding pass until I have the 25 segments completed. It's making me contemplate going back to the ever devaluing AA machine...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by mctrees02
Pretty annoying that I can't challenge to A-list and am stuck having to pay $500 extra for EBCI to "ensure" an A boarding pass until I have the 25 segments completed.
Its $312.50 .
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by mctrees02
Sure wish they would've targeted DAL passengers with this. I'm AA Gold who lives less next to DAL and am trying to make the switch to WN this year. Pretty annoying that I can't challenge to A-list and am stuck having to pay $500 extra for EBCI to "ensure" an A boarding pass until I have the 25 segments completed. It's making me contemplate going back to the ever devaluing AA machine...
They have been known to offer an A List challenge to people with status on other airlines. You need to contact them and request. This targeted challenge is a DIFFERENT challenge.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
A-List Preferred boarding starts at A-15 and A-List starts after A-List Preferred. If you don't get an A number A-Listers can board immediately after the A group (A-61).

As A-List I usually am in the mid to upper A-20s although that can vary depending on route.
Route dependent indeed. I routinely end up with a low B number SAN-SJC / SJC-SAN, there are usually a bunch of us hovering at the podium after the A group boards.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by flyerchuk
They have been known to offer an A List challenge to people with status on other airlines. You need to contact them and request. This targeted challenge is a DIFFERENT challenge.
Correct. Call and ask about Tier Challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.