Wiki Posts
Search

Shopping Portal Bonus Points Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Currently working to qualify for CP in January of 2015.

Did a bunch of 1-800 flowers for staff on Dec 19th. The actual purchase hit my account on Dec 19th. No big deal - $550.

The 1200 point bonus - 8 of them hit with a Dec 29 date. So, they will not help me get the spend. Bummer. I will just have to spend more later.
If I could ask: So you made a bunch of individual orders of how much each (or average)? Assume you bought the annual $29.95 unlimited shipping option?

No questioning of the orders or any hitches/delays? Any other details would be welcome.

I am guessing the next big opportunity like this will be for Valentine's Day.

By the way, WN portal offered 750 bonus for a $150+ purchase before year-end (I think). Did purchase 12/20 and already got the confirming email from the portal, though the points have not yet hit WN account. Used a $200 Amex gift card purchased at Officemax for this.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 29, 2014 at 10:22 am
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:23 am
sfp

Thought I'd put this out there, just in case anyone has some advice:
I'm trying to qualify for the 2015/2016 CP and am also in the market for a new computer (apple). I bought one on Bestbuy.com through the shopping portal when they were having a 3pts/$ sale last week, but now see that this probably won't qualify as 2015 points so I'm thinking of returning and buying again after Jan 1. However, bestbuy.com is back to 1pt/$. The points haven't posted yet.

Would anyone chance it and hold out for the points possibly qualifying for 2015? Any other options?

Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by sfp
I'm trying to qualify for the 2015/2016 CP and am also in the market for a new computer (apple). I bought one on Bestbuy.com through the shopping portal when they were having a 3pts/$ sale last week, but now see that this probably won't qualify as 2015 points so I'm thinking of returning and buying again after Jan 1. However, bestbuy.com is back to 1pt/$. The points haven't posted yet.

Would anyone chance it and hold out for the points possibly qualifying for 2015? Any other options?

Thanks.
I would hold out for the points to post. Although the rules state it is based on purchase date, from almost all the information I have read as long as the POST date is in 2015 you should be fine.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfp

Thanks.
If you decide to buy in 2014, you can get $30 back per $300 on eligible Amex cards with Best Buy purchase. Must be targeted, I think. Give it a try. I have already received back $90 and making another run today.

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en...uyHoliday2014/
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Does anyone know if the 750 bonus points for spending 175 qualifies for the CP?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:59 pm

Anyone have experience contesting points that never arrived?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by RedTeam10
Anyone have experience contesting points that never arrived?
Yes, but really no need to contest. They'll have you forward your receipt and I've found getting the points credited quite fast and customer service to be very good.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Yes, but really no need to contest. They'll have you forward your receipt and I've found getting the points credited quite fast and customer service to be very good.
Where do you send the receipt: vendor or Southwest?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by NextTrip
Where do you send the receipt: vendor or Southwest?
Contact Cartera (the company that runs the shopping platform) via the shopping portal. They will get back to you, tell you how to forward the receipt, and take care of the missing points.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:46 pm

Contact Cartera (the company that runs the shopping platform) via the shopping portal. They will get back to you, tell you how to forward the receipt, and take care of the missing points.
Thanks! Good info.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Don't expect it to be easy - Cartera is a PITA to work with, especially if it is a large point award. Took me a lot of back and forth, even with backup, to get them to give me my Sears 9x points on a $400 purchase.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Don't expect it to be easy - Cartera is a PITA to work with, especially if it is a large point award. Took me a lot of back and forth, even with backup, to get them to give me my Sears 9x points on a $400 purchase.
I've found the complete opposite to be true.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

I've found the complete opposite to be true.

Same here.....I have had more than a few times I have had to request points be credited for purchases that were completely missing or even a couple cases where they didn't give me the correct amount.

They have always been prompt (a few days) with their response and fixed whatever the issue.

My newest issues (well not really an issue, just more of an annoyance) is when these points post the RR account lately it appears it is in a batch. Multiple purchases post together in one points deposit. Makes it harder to make sure everything posts correctly when you need to determine which multiple purchases make up that points deposit. Just a rant....
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I guess I was just lucky. They were none to happy to give me 3600 points. They offered 400. I wouldn't settle for that, since the offer was for 9x. It took many emails, and perhaps a call or 2, I can't remember now - this was 2 years ago.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DebitNM
They have fought like pit bulls for me on missing points. The best was after I had purchased a high end laptop. I had all my receipts and no points. I turned it over to Cartera. They gave me regular updates, agreed I was due the points and after about 6 months they simply deposited courtesy points in my account and closed the case. It was not a trivial matter as it was ~5000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.