Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

can you change a connecting leg on your flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None

Question about changing a leg on a flight that you already flew one leg. I want to fly FLL to SFO. Let's say my connecting city is either LAS, PHX or DEN and SFO is delayed, but they have a OAK flight I can catch. Will the GA let me change from FLL/LAS/SFO to FLL/LAS/OAK in LAS?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:19 am

OAK, SFO, and SJC are all co-terminal cities so yes, if you are eligible for reaccom you can go to either of the cities. Reaccom is available, for a one time change (unless your new flight delays as well) for any delay over 15 mins at the airport or 60 minutes if you call into res. For a trip already in progress, the airport must do it since the funds for the flight are already pulled and Res has to go through multiple hoops to get it changed.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
For the record, I have done this several times going up to New England. Delay happens and instead of landing at MHT, I land at BOS or, in a punch, at PVD.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by jb3t
For the record, I have done this several times going up to New England. Delay happens and instead of landing at MHT, I land at BOS or, in a punch, at PVD.
The "official" co-terminals are LAX/BUR/SNA/ONT, PBI/FLL, BWi/DCA/IAD, SFO/OAK/SJC, and LGA/EWR. I don't understand any MHT/BOS/PVD is on the list anymore, but someone felt they shouldn't be. So I would be careful about expect reaccom with those three with no fare difference. Not saying agents won't just push it through, but there is a chance you'll get one that won't and that's why.

During SODA situations DAY/CMH and CLE/CAK are co-terminals, but I use to be one of those who would be flexible when it was just a delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.