Wiki Posts
Search

Rewards Shopping points issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Angry Rewards Shopping points issue

I bought something from Sears on May 24th when there was a 9x points offer. I never got the points and when I sent email inquiry, I got a reply to send more info (e-receipt) which isn't an issue. However, they are saying it was only 4x points! I have no way to prove that is was 9x.

I know someone on here had posted a thread during that time period, but I can't remember who it was. There may have been a cut and paste or a link. Any help in proving that it was 9x points would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:00 am

Google the following, you'll find some hits: rapid rewards shopping sears 9x
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:01 pm

Look through your email and you should be able to find proof if the 9x Memorial Day promo, though I am surprised that they are asking for it. I made an inquiry after the points didn't post from $355 order made during the promotion and simply stated "...At the time of the purchase sears was offering 9 Rapid Rewards points per $ spent. The only reason I made this purchase in the 1st place was for the Rapid Rewards points." The customer service rep handling the case was very responsive and the points posted 30 days my initial inquiry. The 9x points promo was never questioned and I was never asked to provide proof of the bonus rate.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Great idea but unfortunately, I must have put the email in my trash bin and it automatically cleans out emails that are 30 days old. And it would have been past that time frame, just looked - it's gone.

I did find a mention of it using the google suggestion; I sent the link to Rapid Rewards Shopping but haven't heard back.

This is the second time I had a hard time getting points on a big point deal at Sears. I bought a $400 microwave last summer from Sears when it was also 9x points.I had to do the same thing to get my points. I eventually did. Funny, the same CS rep handled the case last time. I figured they only had one person working on these no points posting items!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

ARRGH! I sent the wrong link, showing it as a 1 day sale, May 23. They denied me the 9x points; giving me 4x points. I found a slightly better link to show it was still active on the day I bought - May 24th] and asked why THEY don't know what the offer was and why I have to do their work? This is second time I have issues when buying 9x point item from Sears. Not sure if the issue is Sears or the company that deals with the points.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

After many back and forth emails; I get this today:
We sincerely apologize that your points did not post correctly and for all the inconvenience occur with your order. Therefore, we are going to credit to your account the missing 1000 points from your purchase made at Sears, Order Number XXXXXX made on 05/24/2014. Please allow a few weeks for the points to post to your account. Please keep in mind, points can take an additional 4 weeks to post to your Rapid Rewards account.

I was able to verified that your Sears order xxxxxx made on 05/24/2014 in the original amount of $199.99 and 800 points its in the final stages of posting. Please allow more time.

I will follow up with you once points post to your Rapid Rewards account.

Will see IF and when all 1800 post.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Most times my RR shopping rewards points post quickly. However, I've also had a couple of issues in the past. I've always just pointed out that the points didn't post, how many points per dollar it should have been, and my points have posted within 2-3 weeks. If it's a special offer, I've called that out in the email.

I keep my deleted emails for up to 1 year -- just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.