Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A couple questions abou the Chase SW Visa card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm new here but I have a couple questions.

1. Was there ever an offer maybe a couple years back where they offered 50,000 RR points, PLUS 2 free round trip tickets? Or were the 2 free tickets encompassed in the 50,000 points?

2. Do these points ever expire?

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk, Mercy57!

Answers:

1. No. Since RR 2.0 was introduced, 50K is the max, though they generally confusingly call it "2 round trips." Still, $833 credit is pretty good.

2. Points will expire if you have no activity for an extended period. But just get the credit card and with renewal yearly you are fine (and annual bonus points pay for the card fee anyway). Or register any credit card to Southwest Dining and buy a Coke at a participating restaurant every 18 months or so.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Hey, thanks for the welcome and the quick response!

I already have the card and have accumulated enough points for a couple free trips for my husband and myself. I just recently remembered I had the points at all

As to point #2, what I mean is if I don't use the points by a certain time will I lose them? Maybe that is what you answered, but I was confused by what you said about buying a coke, etc.

Thanks!!

One more question....can I use SW RR points for AirTran??
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mercy57
Hey, thanks for the welcome and the quick response!

I already have the card and have accumulated enough points for a couple free trips for my husband and myself. I just recently remembered I had the points at all

As to point #2, what I mean is if I don't use the points by a certain time will I lose them? Maybe that is what you answered, but I was confused by what you said about buying a coke, etc.

Thanks!!

One more question....can I use SW RR points for AirTran??
Points in your Rapid Rewards account expire in two years *UNLESS* there is point activity. Each time there is activity, the two-year counter is reset. My understanding of 'activity' is points getting added to your account, removed by reward booking, etc. I could be wrong on the last part, though.

In essence, if you maintain your Visa card, you'll get anniversary points each year so your points will never expire.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Okay, thanks!

How about the AirTran question??
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mercy57
Okay, thanks!

How about the AirTran question??
You can use RR points to book travel on AirTran routes that are bookable via southwest.com. For routes that are only available on AirTran's site, you can convert RR points/award certificates to AirTran A+ credits:

http://rewardsfarther.com/program-updates/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.