Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Airlines' Partnerpalooza Returns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Southwest Airlines' Partnerpalooza Returns

Now on WN's blog: Southwest Airlines' Partnerpalooza Returns

If you won free* travel for one year on Southwest Airlines, where would you go? You definitely wouldn’t be at a loss for options with 69 destinations to choose from. A Denver ski trip in the winter, cherry blossoms in D.C. in the spring, the sandy beaches of Florida in summer….and many other fabulous destinations in between!

After a successful inaugural run in 2009, Partnerpalooza is back! And so is your chance to win great prizes, including:

Grand Prize: 12 Rapid Rewards Award Tickets and a Rapid Rewards Companion Pass for one year.

First Prize: 6 Rapid Rewards Award Tickets and a Rapid Rewards Companion Pass for one year.

Second Prize: 2 Rapid Rewards Award Tickets and A-List status for one year.

Instant-win game prizes from Rapid Rewards Partners.

After registering for the promotion, Rapid Rewards Members earn sweepstakes entries by simply providing their Rapid Rewards number at the time of purchase with any of our participating Partners from September 23, 2010 – December 15, 2010**. Even applying and getting approved for the Rapid Rewards Credit Card by Chase earns sweepstakes entries.
The part that interests me the most:

Additionally, purchases made with participating Partners could result in 4 Rapid Rewards bonus credits. Members can earn 1 bonus credit for purchases made with 3 unique participating Partners and can earn 4 bonus credits for purchases made with 6 unique participating Partners.
Full text: http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/so...alooza-returns

Promo URL: http://www.southwest.com/partnerpalooza

Registration URL: http://southwest.promo.eprize.com/pa...e=registration

Official rules: http://southwest.promo.eprize.com/pa...ment/rules.pdf
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:08 pm

Are the only "partners" valid for this promotion the Rapid Rewards card, the Venetian, Teleflora, and the 6 rental car companies listed on the Partnerpalooza page?

Scratch that I see now in the rules that partners are: Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase, Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, La Quinta Returns, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club Rewards, Wyndham Rewards, Hertz, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar Rent-A-Car, Thrifty Car Rental, Starwood Preferred Guest, The Venetian/Palazzo, Rapid Rewards Dining, and Teleflora.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:34 pm

Do I have to use a separate email for each member of my family? I use just one for all of us as it is easier to keep track of flights, etc.. When trying to register another member it will not let me and states I only need to sign in to play with my email.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:51 pm

does the regular credit I earn from my rapid rewards visa count as one unique partner transaction?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
^ You know, I have to give WN the love this month. I got this promo right before I left for a trip - hurriedly rebooked the car (to Alamo, which is a Partnerpalooza partner but is also offering 4x WN credit right now); I'm staying in Hilton Hotels, which are offering 1 RR per night right now (and I'm hotel hopping for 8 nights, so that's...let me think: 10 RR, plus another 1.5 or so for the doubled partner spend on my WN Visa)...another 1 RR for a couple of Thrifty rentals I'll do next week...plus the Partnerpalooza credit.

guess I'd better be thinking of where to go for my next adventure on WN! Thanks y'all!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Do hotel point transfers to Southwest count as partner activity?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:46 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by terockwo
Do hotel point transfers to Southwest count as partner activity?
The T&C says:

"Rapid Rewards Hotel Partners Point Conversions are not considered to be a Partner transaction and will not gain additional sweepstakes entries or count toward the Bonus Credit offer. Credits earned through Diners Club® Club Rewards® will not result in Sweepstakes entries or count toward the Bonus Credit offer."
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
It's too bad this year's Partnerpalooza is not as rewarding as last year's. Unless a miracle occurs, I won't be able to renew my CP this year.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 4:24 pm

in the same boal

I too am not going to be able to get the cp unless there is a miracle
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:50 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what did they offer last year that's missing this year?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I'm sure someone here has the full details, but the main differences were:

1) The promo went through mid-January.
2) They counted the total number of partner transactions, not how many different partners you used.
3) Most important, you could earn up to 16 credits (not counting the credits earned from the partners). The credit earning was tailored to the individual; in my case I needed 25 partner transactions to earn 16 credits. Some folks needed more than 25, some needed less. There were various lower offers - I think mine went 1,2,4,6 8,10,16 credits, but I forget how many partner transactions earned these amounts.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
How quickly did bonus credits post last year? Was it soon after the qualifying activity or one big sweep at the end of the promotion?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by sigma1104
How quickly did bonus credits post last year? Was it soon after the qualifying activity or one big sweep at the end of the promotion?
They did a few sweeps over the course of the promo.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I've already completed transactions with three separate partners (Hilton, Alamo, Thrifty) for my one additional RR. The points for the actual transactions have posted.

I'm gonna go for the six partners and the four RR. Will they wait till the end of the promo period to post the one additional? Will I get five RR total?

Thanks for any info. I'm longtime WN flier but relatively new to RR hoarding.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AMEX Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SWA (CP,A -List), CO Pre 1K, SPG (Gold), Avis First
Too bad about AMEX Membership Rewards

Originally Posted by hphizz
I too am not going to be able to get the cp unless there is a miracle
I always used Membership Rewards to fill in any shortage of credits for my CP. Too bad they took that option away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.