Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do any WN flights change planes/stop at DAL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Do any WN flights change planes/stop at DAL

I fly from the Bay Area. Do any WN flights make their first stop at DAL? So far, I'm not seeing anything...
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Not from the Bay Area.

The best you could do is get there one-stop, connecting in one of the states allowed to fly nonstop to DAL.

(Just guessing, but you'd probably need to start the trip in OAK to maximize the options on the longer first leg.)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:04 pm

In the current form of the Wright Amendment, Southwest planes need to make a stop going between California and DAL. I see some direct 1- and 2-stop flights between OAK and DAL, for example flight 123 leaving 9.35 a.m.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by johndunn2
I fly from the Bay Area. Do any WN flights make their first stop at DAL? So far, I'm not seeing anything...
wn do not fly non stop out of dal to other states other than states right next to texas. it's the wright amendment thing but i think it's over so they are now slowly adding non stop to other places like panama city, etc.

but for now, getting to dal will take you all day on wn.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Do fly nonstop to Bhm and i believe Nashville an some other close states

http://travel.southwest.com/travel/e...AV-TG-ROUTEMAP
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:00 pm

Not Nashville. Missouri's been allowed since 2005. There are some weaknesses in the Wikipedia article, but it's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Amendment
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
We can fly nonstop from Love to any point within Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kansas (we don't currently serve Kansas). Any flight going beyond these points must first stop within this area. Up until 2006, this was illegal, and we couldn't offer one ticket outside the Wright service area. Full repeal comes at the end of 2014.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWABrian
We can fly nonstop from Love to any point within Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kansas (we don't currently serve Kansas). Any flight going beyond these points must first stop within this area. Up until 2006, this was illegal, and we couldn't offer one ticket outside the Wright service area. Full repeal comes at the end of 2014.
Great news! I didn't know about the full repeal. This will come in handy when my fiancee finally gets me to move to Dallas
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johndunn2
Great news! I didn't know about the full repeal. This will come in handy when my fiancee finally gets me to move to Dallas
+1 Indeed!! I wasn't aware of the full repeal, but I've been enjoying the Missouri exemption pretty much since it went into effect a few years ago.

I especially enjoyed it when AA and WN were aggressively competing for Missouri business out of DAL.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
The terminal modernization at Love should be completed in advance of the 2014 repeal. It will feature a single concourse and new ticketing areas.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by SWABrian
The terminal modernization at Love should be completed in advance of the 2014 repeal. It will feature a single concourse and new ticketing areas.
As we taxied "around the horn" at DAL and into gate 6 the other day, it looked so strange to see the old north concourse having been knocked down to make way for the new facilities.

Can't wait...
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by nachoman205
Do fly nonstop to Bhm and i believe Nashville an some other close states

http://travel.southwest.com/travel/e...AV-TG-ROUTEMAP
They can fly to Alabama from DAL. That is the only non connecting state. Remember Alabama is Senator Shelbys home state
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
They can fly to Alabama from DAL. That is the only non connecting state. Remember Alabama is Senator Shelbys home state
If I recall correctly, the Missouri exemption was also shoehorned into some other bill through a backroom political deal.

There are a couple other non-connecting states now exempted as well (Kansas being one), although I suspect Missouri is the one with the most traffic. I'm not aware of any plans for Southwest to fly to any of the smaller Kansas airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.