Wiki Posts
Search

"In Airport" hotels in ATL and PHX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
"In Airport" hotels in ATL and PHX

Are there a hotels within the airport at ATL and PHX?

If not can anyone recommend a close by hotel?

Thank you...
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Regarding ATL. Do not believe there are any hotels within the airport complex. The closest hotels would probably be the Sheraton Gateway and the Holiday Inn Express. Virtually every other chain has a properties within range. The longest part of your journey to the hotel will be getting out of the airport itself. It is VAST!

Do a quick scan on www.hotels.ca
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:18 pm

No hotels at PHX either. Plenty in the area (often stay at Sheraton Tempe, just 3 miles away), but I suspect you're looking for hotels that don't require at taxi or rental car?

As far as in the area, I'd recommend the Sheraton - easy on & off the interstate, plus it has a great pool area.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Great, Thanks !!!!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Regarding ATL. Do not believe there are any hotels within the airport complex. The closest hotels would probably be the Sheraton Gateway and the Holiday Inn Express. Virtually every other chain has a properties within range. The longest part of your journey to the hotel will be getting out of the airport itself. It is VAST!

Do a quick scan on www.hotels.ca
I will confirm that there are none on-property at ATL. But, every major chain and most of the minor ones have "airport" locations, with shuttles. The only excuse for not earning points for an ATL stay would be using Priceline.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
There are plenty of airport shuttles at PHX. Hampton Inns, Embassy Suites, plus tons of others within a few miles.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Actually, the closest ATL hotel is probably the Renaissance Atlanta Airport Hotel. It is built on the site of the old Hartsfield terminal building (the one that was used before the present "midfield" terminal and concourses were built). Rooms on one side directly face one of the runways and taxiways. However, the soundproofing is superb - I slept very soundly. Free shuttle is provided from the airport itself.

Edit to add:

Here's a Google map - the hotel is the red "A":

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...05167&t=h&z=14

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Mar 31, 2008 at 5:46 pm
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
Renaissance and Gateway both overlook runways, but Renaissance is closer as the crow flies (maybe not by road.)

No "in airport" hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help - very much appreciated!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Thanks everyone for your help - very much appreciated!
FWIW - Having stayed there recently, I would NOT recommend the Hyatt Place North near the ATL airport. Rooms look nothing like the website and the shuttle does not run as often as it should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.