Wiki Posts
Search

Connection at Miami

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Connection at Miami

Hi all,

I am arriving into Miami International with AA in June (assuming D Gates)

I am then departing to London Heathrow, with Virgin Atlantic, (assuming F gates) around 2 hours later,

Do I need to leave the airside area to connect to the other terminal? & is the quickest way of doing so by the moving walkway on level 3 I have read about?

I do not have luggage with me (only carry-on)

If I need to pass through Security again at the F gates, is there a First Class/priority lane as I will be travelling in First.

There are two hours between flights, does this seem an achievable time?

Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I don't know all of the logistics of connecting from the D gates to the F gates, but I can tell you that you will need to re-clear security, and that two hours is plenty of time (assuming of course that your inbound flight is on time).
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by chrisjames99
Hi all,

I am arriving into Miami International with AA in June (assuming D Gates)

I am then departing to London Heathrow, with Virgin Atlantic, (assuming F gates) around 2 hours later,

Do I need to leave the airside area to connect to the other terminal? & is the quickest way of doing so by the moving walkway on level 3 I have read about?

I do not have luggage with me (only carry-on)

If I need to pass through Security again at the F gates, is there a First Class/priority lane as I will be travelling in First.

There are two hours between flights, does this seem an achievable time?

Thanks for your help!
You don't say if you are arriving on a domestic or international flight at MIA. International arrivals mean going through Customs, and Miami is known for the 1.5 + hours processing time.

Being that you only will have a carry-on, no need to claim any luggage. It is an easy walk from terminal D/E to terminal F, no need to go to the third level. The only advantage of using the third level is the use of moving sidewalks, but the time to get up there and back down will be almost double than just walking there yourself. If you land at a higher numbered gate in D, use the D/E connector as a short cut to exit at E, then it is a short 500 feet to the entrance of terminal F.

D and E are connected airside as well as H and J; at all the other terminals, you must exit security and re-clear entering the new terminal.

As of the last time I was in the airport a year ago, there is no separate line for first class, The F gates are used by International Departures for BA, Virgin, XL France, BOA, Aruba and Air Europa. BA as well as Virgin (A380 or 747's) have departures around the same time, so the lines could be long, but seem to move rapidly. Also, I am not sure if Virgin Atlantic is participating in Pre-Check, so that may be an additional time delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.