Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GSO to Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

GSO to Charlotte

Any suggestions on the best way to get from GSO to the north I-77 suburbs of Charlotte (Davidson, Mooresville, etc.)?
  • One-way car rental works, but can be expensive
  • LKN Shuttle quoted me $115
  • GFW Shuttle isn't picking up their phone
  • Taxi would be outrageous (80+ mi)
  • Greyhound goes Greensboro, Winston Salem, Salisbury, Concord, Charlotte. Not convenient for me, as I want to go from GSO to the I-77 suburbs, not downtown to downtown.
  • Amtrak goes 3x/day Greensboro, High Point, Salisbury, Kannapolis, Charlotte. Same problem as Greyhound.
  • Megabus does not serve the Winston Salem / Greensboro area.

Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I think the car rental option is the only one that will really work as you are not going downtown to downtown. If you are trying to do this the week of the High Point Furniture market (next week I think) you could be in for trouble, however, as rental car prices are insanely high at that time.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
I concur. Pick up a car - cheapest rate and then pay for one way drop. Could be as low as $45. Go down to the ground level and start asking each car rental places. They do get a lot of cars from Charlotte and would be happy if someone can take some back. Most people fly into Charlotte and drive to Greensboro - very few the other way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.