Search

What happened to ATL Concessions?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA & DL Gold
What happened to ATL Concessions?

Hey,

As the title says, what has ATL done to the concessions/fast food at ATL? You used to be able to find regional/national chains at the center sections of most terminals -- now they seem to be replaced with places I've never heard of.

The eateries embedded in the gate areas (though not many) are still big names. Why did ATL change out all the center sections? I like it when airports offer nationally recognized brands, but maybe I'm in the minority. The Chic-Fil-A was still in terminal A, but it was packed.

Maybe this happened a while ago? Just flew through the fortress for the first time in a long while, so I'm out of the loop.

-- Dan
Old May 15, 2014, 1:26 am

The concession contract came up for bid a couple of years ago and many things changed. Do you remember any specifics? I can't off the top of my head think of many eateries in ATL that aren't also located in the city and well known to locals. Some, but not most.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
With the exception of the Mexican place in the T Concourse I liked which is no longer there, the ATL changes haven't bothered me. In fact, there's a Pei Wei in Terminal F which is a net positive in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.