Wiki Posts
Search

Grabbing a Meal in ATL Outside of Security on Intl Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Grabbing a Meal in ATL Outside of Security on Intl Flight

I've got an international flight coming up, with the international leg starting in ATL. I have a few hour layover in ATL, so I want to grab a bite with some ATL friends of mine at a land-side restaurant. My question is, if I exit into the domestic terminal, can I reenter through domestic TSA, or will I be forced to take a shuttle to the international terminal? My bags would have been already checked-in at DCA, so no problem there. I'm just curious if TSA will give me heart-burn for using the "wrong" check point. As far as I can tell, once air-side, I can get to any gate, regardless of which checkpoint was used.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you keep your boarding pass/etc. If they give you grief tell them you know the terminal is connected and that you can ride the train.

Depending on how you're getting to/from the airport it may be easier to go directly to the International terminal.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
In case someone stumbles on this thread in the future. It was no problem. I ended up using the Pre-Check lane; neither the contractor working the entrance, nor the TDC even noticed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.