No Tap Water at the Corona Beachhouse MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Connecting AUA-MIA-BWI, just ate at the Corona Beachhouse during layover.

Tequilla wings were great. Wanted to just have a glass of water. NO! Had to BUY a bottle of water. That just irritated me. Cant I get a free glass of water with my $5.00 beer?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

Tequilla wings were great. Wanted to just have a glass of water. NO! Had to BUY a bottle of water. That just irritated me. Cant I get a free glass of water with my $5.00 beer?
That is a bunch of crap. I don't think I've ever been to a place that didn't have free tap water. Depending upon my mood, I might've just walked out when they told me that.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:06 am

Great food & drinks!!!

I had a 2hr layover on my way back to Boston and I ate at the Corona Beach House. I had the BEST experience there and I wish this restaurant/bar was located here in MA. I had a double-decker grilled cheese w/tomato, bacon & guac. Probably the best thing I have ever eaten!! I also had a pomegranite margarita, and YUM!

If you have the chance, you must eat here. The staff was extremely friendly, too. ^^^^

Last edited by KellyS; Jul 15, 2010 at 10:07 am Reason: changed title
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:35 am

Corona Beach House is a great concept

I thought it was a beautiful restaurant and loved the decor. Food was great and service was equally great. I travel all the time and I have never been to an airport that did not charge for water. If your so concerned with how much your beer was maybe you should got water instead of a beer. If you don't want to pay for water in an airport use the water fountain located by the bathrooms!!!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:26 pm

Smile Coolest Airport bar

Waiting to go from MIA to LAX, I found the corona beach house. To start I had the tequila wings which were amazing and for my meal they had a grilled mahi sandwich that was even better than the wings. two thumbs up for this place!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:29 pm

Cool really water was all you could complain about?

I fly for work all the time. Honestly what airport have you been to that doesn't charge for water?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by jon.hopkins32
I fly for work all the time. Honestly what airport have you been to that doesn't charge for water?
I do as well & don't often order water, but when I do I have never been charged. What airports do you frequent that do charge for tap water or don't offer it & require you to purchase bottled water?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jon.hopkins32
I've gotten free tap water at sit-down restaurants including CLT, ORD, MDW, PHX, many more.

Bottled water is always a fee, but I have never had an airport sit-down restaurant force me to purchase bottled water.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: BBB, FBI, CIA, IRS, and Treasury Dept.
Smile Corona Beach House Miami international airport

Wow, cool place to eat. Flew out of miami last week. Stopped at the Corona beach house. Had no intentions of eating, just drinking. But after a few drinks I had their beer cheese soup which was epic. Then ordered the daily special which was chicken ranchero, also very good.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Looks like a four people just signed up to FT to tell us how great this place is?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Looks like a four people just signed up to FT to tell us how great this place is?
Yes, and each one of them always pays for tap water...oops can't get a glass of water at any airport they've ever been in, and always gladly buy bottled water in restaurants. must be rich world travelers.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I totally agree with the last two posters. How can you defend the indefensible?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:41 pm

Agree- no water is lousy service

I found this thread when googling the Corona Beach House to write a complaint to management. I was surprised to see this was the only restaurant and it is not a chain. I, too, was extremely frustrated by this no free water policy. I travel 70% of the time, and this is the ONLY airport sit-down restaurant I have even been to that would not provide water. I bought dinner and a $10 drink, and should not have to pay for water. I gladly pay for a bottle of water for my flight, but as a matter of principle would NOT purchase it at this restaurant. Even after draining the liquid from my $10 drink they would not fill up the glass with water. Really? Water flows from the bar tap for Scotch and water, but they can't seem to fill up a glass with water, even if it had a purchased drink in it previously. This is the worst in service. I will never frequent them again.

To top it off, their receipt has a "suggested 18% gratuity", but requires you to pay for it, even if the service was abyssmal If it is a "suggested" gratuity, they should also show "suggested" gratuities of 15% and even 20%. This is an example of entitlement. I was a server myself for years, so I don't understand why lousy servers expect the best in tips.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Complain to the airport management. If enough people complain about price gouging tactic for water then the airport can do something. Water is a basic and even the EU made regulations that cups of water must be given free on flights. I can't see a US airport not siding with the customer about charging for water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.