Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Ritz Golf Naples or Waldorf Astoria Naples(Naples Grande Beach Resort)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

We are looking to do a family vacation early June and looking at the Ritz Golf and the Waldorf Naples. A third option is Hyatt Coconut Point.

Our 3 yr old daughter will be joining us and we would like pool options, beach options, spa options and possibly golf/tennis for my husband.

Has anyone stayed at these resorts recently that can help us make a decision? Tripadvisor shows the Ritz to be better but easier beach access and water slides at the Waldorf sound like nice options.

Thoughts??

We are booking trip with delta points but I am Marriott Gold and Hilton Gold. Will this help with upgrades?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:52 am

We have never stayed at either of these resorts. That said, we have stayed at the Ritz Carlton which is on the beach. There is a shuttle service that runs between the two Ritz Carlton's that you can use. If I recall, you will have access to all of the amenities. Likewise, if I was staying at the beach resort, I could take the shuttle up to the golf course resort and use there amenities. I believe it is less expensive to stay at the golf course resort versus the beach resort.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Still working on being loyal
I'm from Naples, I would vote Ritz @ the beach. It has a large pool area, multiple restaurants, one directly on the beach (you can walk to other restaurants in Vanderbilt beach area, is near the new entertainment area of Mercato. The Ritz beach resort is pretty centrally located and directly on the beach, you also would likely have no issue getting on Tiburon in June (The Ritz Golf course just a couple miles away). Most of the courses in town are private and some what difficult to get on without an accompanying member.

The Waldorf is a little deceptive in marketing, in that it isn't directly located on the beach. You need to take a tram through 3/4 of a mile winding boardwalk and mangroves to get to the beach, in June at the end of the day it's going to be hot and buggy. There is a public parking lot right around the corner from the hotel if you'd like to take the tram and check out Clam Pass (it is a nice beach) you can always drive here from the Ritz ~10min drive through Pelican Bay.

Hope this helps
Old May 1, 2012, 8:50 am

Likely I am reading this after your decision has been made but thought I would add another option for you. I have stayed at the Ritz on the beach & it was wonderful. There were families there but also a mix of business customers & retirees & honeymooners. Another choice that I also love is a few miles south: the Marco island Marriott. We have stayed there several times with & without kids. They have wonderful pools for all ages & have activities for kids. On our last visit there was a sand castle contest on he beach that was free & came with a nice couple who were competition sandcastle artists with instruction & provided all the tools. Check it out if you ate not already obligated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.