Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Early morning arrival at LIM and MVD: transport options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus

Hello all!
Im arriving to Lima on Saturday 140am and Montevideo at 5am on Sunday and wondering if anyone can suggest a transport option to my respective hotel?
I'm Lima I'll be staying at an Ibis in Miraflores while in Montevideo it'll be a Sheraton 4 Points.

As far as Lima goes, does anyone have any experience with in Lima with Peruvian shuttles? They seem to be the cheapest so far.
http://www.peruvian-shuttle.com/en/
it's just me travelling so sharing is unfortunately not an option.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 19, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
I'm interested in the advise for Montevideo. In a couple of weeks, I'll be arriving on a Sunday at 630am.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by FlyingIsCool
I'm interested in the advise for Montevideo. In a couple of weeks, I'll be arriving on a Sunday at 630am.
So far looking like I'll just go for a taxi.
Maybe take the bus?
I get in so early that I'm in no rush to get to the hotel.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
The Lima airport is in a nasty neighborhood (Callao) and security is not good. My recommendation, especially if you haven't been there before and don't speak good Spanish, is to take a "Remisse" taxi from the stands you'll run into just as you exit the baggage claim area, after you put your bags through the X-ray machines at Customs. This is the most expensive option (I'm guessing it will cost you US$40 to get to Miraflores, but it could be more) and the safest, and most comfortable.

There is also a Taxi Green stand by the Remisse stands. Less comfortable, much cheaper and arguably somewhat less secure.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
In Montevideo (staying at the NH Columbia on Rambla Gran Bretana, arriving early in the morning), I simply just took the city bus. Those stop right outside the terminal, and mostly go through the city center to the Rio Branco bus terminal ('Terminal Baltasar Brum'). I got off at Plaza Independencia and walked the few blocks to my hotel. Takes about an hour, and costs ~50 pesos. Very safe, and not crowded at this time.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:07 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've never heard anyone question the safety of Taxi Green at Lima. You have a paper trail and a fixed price. I think it costs about ~S/.50 to Miraflores and I have never had a problem. Definitely avoid the taxi pirates touting outside though.

Montevideo has Uber but they don't seem to have any drivers so I didn't want to risk trying to book one early in the morning. I just booked a taxi and it was solid, friendly, professional and not particularly expensive.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I've never heard anyone question the safety of Taxi Green at Lima. You have a paper trail and a fixed price. I think it costs about ~S/.50 to Miraflores and I have never had a problem. Definitely avoid the taxi pirates touting outside though.

Montevideo has Uber but they don't seem to have any drivers so I didn't want to risk trying to book one early in the morning. I just booked a taxi and it was solid, friendly, professional and not particularly expensive.
My statement on Taxi Green vs. Remisse is based on personal experience!
Old May 27, 2017, 6:25 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
My statement on Taxi Green vs. Remisse is based on personal experience!
As was mine. I would be interested to know what personal experience you had that would make you recommend that people do not use the service. It's FlyerTalk. Your experience is as as valid as mine and I'm happy to take it on board.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Taxi Green is currently S./60 LIM to Miraflores.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Although I have not personally used it, we had a couple of students use the new airport shuttle in Lima a couple of weeks ago. They reported that it was easy to use and very inexpensive. I saw the stand for it in the airport. You can't miss it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.