Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$100+ to leave Ecuador?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

$100+ to leave Ecuador?!

I just want to be sure this is right and not an error with United. Its very cheap to fly to Quito right now and you can do a one way for under $200. Was thinking about flying down one way, hitting a few other countries then open jaw back from Brazil, all with miles. normally I don't pay much attention to the taxes and fees, except when its over $100 bucks! Seeing this makes me feel cheap complaining about visa fees. At least those cover you for 10 years. Is this right?

Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Gold
The UK charges over $150, Germany is close to $100.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
It's pretty outrageous. I'm going right after the election next week for 5 days (either celebratory or to scout out a possible alternative place to move). Sho-nuf, the ticket I booked on AA (MIA-UIO-MIA) on a deal last April 6 totaled at $179, but only $45 of that was the fare and the rest was taxes.

When taxes are included in the ticket cost it's easy for people to just vote up or down on the total, but obviously when it's that big a slug it becomes very hard to find a good airfare to begin with. It's the next worst thing to big reciprocity fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.