Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several hours at SCL but can't go into Santiago

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Several hours at SCL but can't go into Santiago

So I've got a long layover at SCL, but the missus has forbid me from going into Santiago and being a "tourist" as we've committed to going together and exploring the city as a team. I'm cool with that, but am wondering if I have a 7-8 hour layover whether there may be something nearer the airport that's worth seeing that wouldn't be "cheating". Any cool towns or sights nearby that are worth seeing? Would love advice from the experts.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That's enough time to visit Valparaíso and/or Viña del Mar. Would that be considered cheating?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FrogProf
That's enough time to visit Valparaíso and/or Viña del Mar. Would that be considered cheating?
Well, plan 4 hours of travel time (it could be as little as 3.5). I wouldn't do it.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:28 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'd rewrite the rules for "cheating" (for example, must not go within 1km of the central post office, or rule breaking is acceptable but only when near the 34 degree S latitude when on the western side of the South American continent).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.