Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi transfer from IGR to Brazillian side hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Taxi transfer from IGR to Brazillian side hotel

We have booked a trip to Iguazu falls in January.

We (2 adults, 1 child, i infant) are arriving at IGR (Argentina side) at 9:20pm before trying to get a taxi or hire car to the Best Western hotel on the Brazillain side as we are ultimately flying out of Brazil.

A few quick questions: Should there be any problem with doing this at that time of night?

I presume we have to get our passports stamped at the border?

How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
From our recent experience going through the borders on taxis/hired cars, we got stamps on both sides of the border.

Argentinian side. The taxi/hired car has to stop at the booth. And the officer in the booth would check and stamp the passports. No forms to fill.

Brazilian side. The taxi/hired car drivers would park the car and take our passports and go inside the office to have them stamped. For entering Brazil, he'd also fill in the entry forms while inside the office for us (and gave us the other half of the entry form, to be turned in when exiting Brazil). We didn't have to leave the car.

The car our hotel arranged to take us from Puerto Iguazu to IGU (about 15km) charged us 450 pesos, which I think is way overpriced, as I have seen ads on walls in Puerto asking for 250 pesos, though I don't know if those prices are current. But IGR to Foz is about twice the distance (30km).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.