Search

W Trek Starting on the 16th or 17th Nov

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF
W Trek Starting on the 16th or 17th Nov

Hi Guys,

Need help with booking a local tour for 5 days W Trek starting from 16th or 17th of November. Alternatively, starting on the 18th with less than 5 days can be helpful as well.

The agency we contacted only offer either 14th or 18th which does not fit into our schedule.

Thank you heaps.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As a relative newcomer to Flyer Talk, welcome! It's quite possible that no one has responded because we don't understand your post. What is a W trek? Where are you going? By local tour, I assume you're asking for help finding a local tour company in your destination, where ever that may be.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:46 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
The W trek is a W shaped trek in the Torres del Paine National Park.

I don't know the answer but thought you might be interested FrogProf

I'd imagine one of many agencies in Puerto Natales would be able to help out the OP.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks JC. The W trek sounds exciting. That particular adventure is probably not right for me, but spending some time in southern Chile is definitely on my radar.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
wolfletitbe has now either done the trip or not - but, depending on how much of a gambler one is, when my wife and I were in Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales a few years back there were lots of places advertising guided tours of all types - from day trips on a bus to the full circuit. I personally wouldn't fly that far on the chance that I'll find a good one, but the chances are excellent that one could.

To wolfletitbe: what happened?

(I'll be there in January, more day hikes than the W Trek. I was happy to get another trip out of my entry permit before my U.S. passport comes up for renewal in early 2016, but just learned that U.S. citizens don't need them any more anyhow.)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:16 am

Guided tours are pretty damn expensive. The park has some clearly defined trails that are easy to follow - I would personally, just do it myself (and have done it myself in the past). It will allow you to use your time much more efficiently. Also booking accom in the refugios there is downright absurd for what you get....

Efrem head over to El Chalten if day hikes are your thing. That place is amazing and has some great little bars to recover from the aches and pains. Though, it does require a reciprocity fee (from memory).
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by trent84
... Efrem head over to El Chalten if day hikes are your thing. That place is amazing and has some great little bars to recover from the aches and pains. Though, it does require a reciprocity fee (from memory).
Thanks! I'll be with REI on this trip, so the itinerary is pretty much under their control. Bars may have to wait until we get back to Punta Arenas. I'll have one evening there before flying to SCL the next afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.