Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Tax/Transitting Bogota question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Exit Tax/Transitting Bogota question

Hi

I am flying from MDE to BOG with a 3 hr connection before flying to LIM. All of it is on the same ticket.

1) Do I need to go through security again in BOG for domestic to international transit? I am not planing on leaving the airport.

2) Do I deal with the exit tax at MDE or at BOG?

thank you!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:26 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
You will have to go through emigration at BOG because at MDE you will be leaving from the domestic side of the airport. So yes you will have to go through security again.

You would normally ask for your taxes back at the international departure. So BOG
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

JohnnyColombia - thank you very much.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Johnny is right about the security, the MDE flights on Avianca arrive at the main terminal now. But you still end up doing the security thing.

That said, you CAN/SHOULD take care of the taxes in MDE, it'll be faster. There's (almost) always gonna be less of a line at the MDE counter than in BOG. The agent will most likely prompt you to go do it. I never remember but they always just tell me to do it in MDE, then they staple that coupon to the BP which gets taken in BOG (at boarding if I remember correctly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.