Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much money do I need for 1 week?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

How much money do I need for 1 week?

It's my first trip to South America and I will be spending 4 days in Medellin and 3 days in Lima. I don't really buy souvenirs so cost will mainly be for dining and transportation. Was wondering if anyone can tell me how much local currency I should get at the airport atm? thank you
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:43 pm

You don't state what your class of accommodation is or anything but for Colombia plan on at least 25000 pesos for a dorm bed and 10000-15000 for a meal. Beers are 2000 and up depending on if you get the cheap stuff or the more expensive (and better) Club Colombiana. There are some microbreweries that cost around 5000 per beer. Transportation is pretty cheap. A bunch of ATM's have a max withdrawel of 400,000. Citibank lets you do around a million.

Nothing says you can't pull out money more than once and I doubt you're going to get it perfect no matter what you do so just plan on two ATM fees per city rather than exchanging the currency. So maybe it costs you $10 in fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.