Reload this Page >

One day in Santiago del Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One day in Santiago del Chile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
One more idea

Just back (this morning) from Santiago -- a great trip over 10 days. One attraction that hasn't been mentioned is the Barrio Lastarria. Centrally located near the Plaza Italia end of Avenida Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins (also called La Alameda) it has lots of reasonable-quality, reasonably priced, small restaurants, bookstores, even an old cinema. Described by a friend as "The West Village without the pretension and at 1/4th the price." If you have time for only one meal you might try Bocanáriz or Pez Toro. Waiters (and many customers) speak excellent English. At Bocanáriz you can get a full lesson on Chilean wines -- they have 36 by the glass and they have 50cc sample glasses in case you are unsure what to order. And you are very near the Cerro Santa Lucía, so you can walk it off a bit after lunch. Buen viaje!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Yeah, I was fortunate on a previous trip to stay at Poker Hostal in Barrio Lastarria. Saw that Woody Allen movie at the artsy cinema. Plenty of restaurant choices as well.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Looking a few days in SCL in May. Hoping to maybe get up into the Andes - anyone have a good day hike recommendation or maybe a good wine tour?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.