Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

IHG.com has a "smoking room" filter for searches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat

Perhaps many of you already know this, but I just recently discovered that IHG.com (intercontinental Hotel Group) has a "filter by" pull-down option while doing searches that allows you to limit results to hotels with available smoking rooms. This has been very helpful!

Anyone know any other search engines that allow this?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Thanks for that one, I tried it for London and it works well. Wish Hilton had something similar for their properties. Having to go through long lists of hotels in a city and then weeding most of them out to finally find the few with smoking room availability is really time consuming.

bj-21.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
This is seriously useful. Is there any way to get it to work on the IHG app? I have tried, but I can't find it.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Tried the IHG drop down filter to search for smoking rooms for a recent trip to Belfast, NI in February. Clicked on Smoking Room while checking date availability, and all three IHG properties in the Belfast/Antrim area came up. NONE of the three have smoking rooms at their properties, per their websites.

Just a caution to be sure the properties that come up with the filter actually DO have smoking rooms before making a booking.

bj-21.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by blackjack-21

Just a caution to be sure the properties that come up with the filter actually DO have smoking rooms before making a booking.

bj-21.
Absoultely. The smoking filter will also return results for "standard rooms", i.e. room type and smoking preference not specified. 90% of the time these will be non smoking rooms.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

The "filter" does not work if there are NO smoking rooms available in the area; in that case, it just shows you available nonsmoking rooms. It's always good to check with the hotel to be sure. I still find it easier to locate smoking rooms with the filter than without it most of the time.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I was just informed by a Candlewood Suites hotel manager that IHG has now changed ALL its USA hotel rooms to non-smoking. Don't know if this is true; I have two upcoming reservations through IHG for smoking rooms in two different states, and have emailed the hotels to inquire whether they will honor the smoking room booking. I'll update when I know.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Perhaps many of you already know this, but I just recently discovered that IHG.com (intercontinental Hotel Group) has a "filter by" pull-down option while doing searches that allows you to limit results to hotels with available smoking rooms. This has been very helpful!
Thanks, was just looking for a hotel near Heathrow, and the one that still has smoking rooms popped up. The question is, whether they will still remember that when I show up.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:37 pm
Suspended

I was just informed by a Candlewood Suites hotel manager that IHG has now changed ALL its USA hotel rooms to non-smoking. Don't know if this is true; I have two upcoming reservations through IHG for smoking rooms in two different states, and have emailed the hotels to inquire whether they will honor the smoking room booking. I'll update when I know.
If this is true, then I am finished with IHG, which is a shame because I have always liked them, and always been treated well there.

However, I have noticed in recent years, that more and more IHG properties are going all non-smoking. Nearly all of them in Europe have done this, and I have spent far less time and money in IHG properties than I used to.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I just confirmed with an IHG hotel in SYR (Candlewood Suites) that they have gone non-smoking and will not honor my confirmed smoking room reservation. They did, however, refer me to another nearby IHG property that still allows smoking (Staybridge Suites), so apparently the IHG nonsmoking change is NOT 100% (at least not yet). Your mileage may vary, so be sure and call on existing smoking room reservations.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
I just confirmed with an IHG hotel in SYR (Candlewood Suites) that they have gone non-smoking and will not honor my confirmed smoking room reservation. They did, however, refer me to another nearby IHG property that still allows smoking (Staybridge Suites), so apparently the IHG nonsmoking change is NOT 100% (at least not yet). Your mileage may vary, so be sure and call on existing smoking room reservations.
I just found an IHG hotel in Texas that still lets you select smoking rooms, even though they say that they've gone non-smoking. I grabbed it, hoping for a pool-side patio room, where there's no problem anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.