Search

ST- Asia Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
ST- Asia Pass

Long time lurker, first post.
Will leave ACC -BKK (or ICN via Korean) on Kenya Airways next month...have to reach NRT/TYO to visit the in-laws (she wants to stay for two weeks...for me one week is long enough) so I would like to purchase a ST Asia Pass 5 coupons to go from BKK-NRT-AKL-NRT-BKK...went to DL Accra office but they kept telling me that the Asia Pass was the same as the America Pass and I must have made a mistake...also DL cannot book on other ST carriers....I tried explaining but she just gave me a stone face: clueless!

Is it possible to purchase an Asia Pass from BKK or will we have to do so out of ICN, NRT or the other 3 Asia gateways?

found a reasonable ticket from ACC to ICN on Kenya and Korean for $1602.30 per person but an even less expensive ticket was available ACC to BKK on Kenya...

Any help would be nice..
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

A quick search on "asia pass" would turn up this thread that has much of the information that you need. Among other things, you'll see that you would actually need to purchase coupons for BKK-(NW)-NRT-(KE)-ICN-(KE)-AKL-(KE)-ICN-(KE)-BKK to get an optimal routing, the key being that you have to purchase a coupon per enplanement, not just per city pair if a connection is involved.

As for the office not understanding what to sell you, well, that seems typical for a product that is rarely sold.

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.