Programs: none
Biz Class on Skyteam

I'am I getting this straight??
Biz. class on Skyteam(J) class ticket:
one has to fly in Coach??
dbase
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depends on the carrier from which you redeem the miles, but in some cases the answer is yes. If you redeem a J ticket you may find yourself in Y for domestic US segments as there is no J class, only F, and everyone knows that F is better than J.

This, along with CO's requirement that you book F to fly in their BF seats, is one of the annoyances of the RTW reward. I believe that NW offers a nominal buy-up per flight, but I don't recall the specifics. In your case, I believe that the YYZ-LAX flights would be in Y, but that LAX-PTY-MVD could be done in "F" since it is sold as International Business by CO. I'm not positive what booking classes CM puts on it, so that may actually not apply, but I would think that it should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.