Search

Is joining in secret a trademark of ST?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Is joining in secret a trademark of ST?

AFAIK KLM, NW, CO, KQ, CZ, Aeroflot joined all of a sudden, no advance press release or anything. What is the big deal with keeping it secret? Some sort of birthday surprise? They will only get more revenue due to members of ST booking their flights in advance on the new carrier. As it is ST takes forever to add a member and then springs it on us.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
The news about SU was out there at least 6 months before the fact. Not sure about the others you mentioned but, for me, from the time I hear about it to the time it actually takes place seems like forever. YMMV...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 4:07 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
CZ's joining was announced years ago but it seemed it will never happen

One day somebody in skyteam's board wakes up and says : "Oh today could be CZ's official joining day !"

That's all
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:04 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well, it would seem to be a long process, as the candidate airline has to implement a set of common, alliance mandated, requirements. I'd rather have SkyTeam wait until everything is ready than have early PR spin, but that's just me .
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The CO announcement also circulated, unofficially, for a couple months before actually happening for real. There's no doubt that SkyTeam is bad about managing publicity and expectations, but the rumors circulate around here pretty well. We're just that good
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
yeah, think about trying to get Italians, French, Russians, Koreans, Americans from Atlanta, Americans from Newark and Americans from Minneapolis and now Chinese to agree on strategy :-) Read: multiple incompatibilities... that's a recipe for disaster if you ask me!
Too bad the infinitely worldly Dutch are out of the picture!
Skyteam definitely has some cultural challenges...with humour now!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Skyteam definitely has some cultural challenges...with humour now!
Which, I presume, is not the case with the other two alliances? Particularly the one that is ready to include what seems like any airline in the world if it has at least one plane or airport slot to their name?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 4:08 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by apoivre
Which, I presume, is not the case with the other two alliances? Particularly the one that is ready to include what seems like any airline in the world if it has at least one plane or airport slot to their name?
LOL, do I smell *A? Ewww, I think I just had a thought of US Airways, and it made me die a little inside. Gotta run to my CO flight in an hour to save my sanity!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.