Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Can my companion get a free intl upgrade to Economy Plus on Delta KLM and Air France?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can my companion get a free intl upgrade to Economy Plus on Delta KLM and Air France?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Hi all,

Platinum status flyer on Delta here. I'm planning a trip from JFK > AMS but having a bit of trouble booking a seat next to me for my companion...

I alone got free Economy Comfort seat upgrades for these flights. When I fly on Delta metal, the agent normally upgrades my non-medallion companion to Economy Plus for free, so she can sit next to me. They're now telling me this can't be done without a standard charge for her on the Air France and KLM metal I'll be flying to/from AMS.

So my question: is KLM and Air France's policy on companion upgrades to Economy Comfort such that my companion would normally get a free upgrade if I was an official Elite Plus member on Flying Blue? I.e. are they wrongly holding back an upgrade here, or are they indeed in the right on not giving out complimentary upgrades for companions? I could not find a solid answer on their website. My current plan is to take this up with them at the airport because according to Sky Team, I AM Elite Plus with my Platinum status.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Seat info links to both sites are below.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...siege_plus.htm
https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...oard/index.htm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
As far as I know, the Economy Comfort seats are only available for free for Flying Blue Platinum, not Sky Team Elite Plus.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:38 am

Even for Flying Blue Plat, free EC seats are only for the card holder, not for the companion.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Economy Comfort is NOT an upgrade. It's just one of several paid options available to ALL economy passengers, for which some status customers are entitled to receive a discount, or indeed a full fee waiver. It is not a fee that is waived for companions.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
From direct experience: EC on KLM is free for PM, but not for their companions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.