Wiki Posts
Search

CI or CZ FFP program?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
CI or CZ FFP program?

I'm thinking which programme I am going to credit my mileage of my SkyTeam flights to. I'm based in Hong Kong and planning to accumulate points for flights to either Taiwan or Japan. However, sometimes I may also fly into mainland China, one way or return.

Which programme is better for me to use, and are there any credit cards in Hong Kong which can gain points for SkyTeam flights?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AC 75K
This is the Aeroplan forum. you're better off asking this in the Skyteam forum.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As this is not an Air Canada or Aeroplan topic it's been relocated to the SkyTeam forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada form moderator
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miklcct
I'm thinking which programme I am going to credit my mileage of my SkyTeam flights to. I'm based in Hong Kong and planning to accumulate points for flights to either Taiwan or Japan. However, sometimes I may also fly into mainland China, one way or return.

Which programme is better for me to use, and are there any credit cards in Hong Kong which can gain points for SkyTeam flights?
What is your definition of better?
What are your objectives from a ffp?
Look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyte...i-sign-up.html
Be careful of expiry: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-t-expire.html
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Without knowing your specific needs, it's hard to say exactly, but it sounds to me that you're not getting an incredibly high number of miles per year so expiration before you're able to redeem for anything meaningful could be a real problem for you.

If that's the case then you should probably be looking at Delta instead since North American mileage programs either have no expiration or a soft expiration that rolls every time you credit miles to the program.

Both CI and CZ are fairly expensive in terms of miles needed for Skyteam partner redemptions but if you fly enough to make their higher level elite tiers then it may still be worthwhile for the other benefits of the program. If you don't fly enough for that then I doubt either is really a great program for you.

As for Credit Cards, Amex and Citi will likely give you the most versatility with multiple airline transfer partners, but neither in HK has Delta SkyMiles as an option.

Last edited by dvs7310; Aug 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
I finally settled on Delta - the website of CZ is crap and insecure to the extent I do not trust
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by miklcct
I finally settled on Delta - the website of CZ is crap and insecure to the extent I do not trust
That's where I'm at too. Other websites are so difficult to use that I have no confidence I can get things done reliably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.