Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC->NCE, VCE->NYC on Delta/SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

NYC->NCE, VCE->NYC on Delta/SkyTeam

I'm looking to do a trip from NYC to Nice, FR with an open jaw, then returning from Venice, IT to NYC.

As far as I can tell, Delta is the only option for this routing with direct flights. And they have decent award availability in April (might consider September 2015 as well).

The question is, given the poor value of Skymiles, do I accumulate them, and try for first class tickets at about 125,000 each. The Delta Amex cards would be my method for this.

Or, do I accumulate Ultimate Rewards, which I can then transfer to Korean Air and seem to offer 100,000 mile first class tickets from the US to Europe?

With the sign up bonuses, the Skymiles might be slightly easier to obtain, but the URs should be doable.

Any hidden caveats which make one better than the other?

Thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.