Korean Air vs Delta - CA to Tokyo/Seoul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold, Hertz PC (Prefer Silvercar)

I am planning a round-the-world trip and was wondering if the Korean Prestige (SFO-ICN on 777) is better than Delta BusinessElite (SEA-NRT on 747). Delta upgraded their BusinessElite so now you have a 2nd floor area with single flat beds. Korean Prestige has flat bed but you share it next to someone.

In your op, which is more comfortable/better service?
Things I've gathered:
-Korean Air generally has better service and lets say better "appearances"
-Delta has the privacy of a single cube.

Last edited by ddng; Feb 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
I fly both frequently. The DL 747 upper deck is much, much better seat than KE offers. KE is not really lay flat and a bit short, I do not find it comfortable in comparison. The Delta service is fine but nothing to make you feel special.

KE service I feel has gotten more aloof the past few years, very nice appearances but very cool/cold to customers. The food is fun to try some of the Korean dishes, but not exceptional. They have some good midflight snacks like warm cookies and ramen but do not proactively offer them anymore so find them on the menu and insist. My wife loves the skin care products in the amenity kit and the mist cans of Jeju Water. IFE is not as good as DL, fewer selections and most everything is edited.

In sum, if you want the best seat/sleep, go for DL. If you want something different, KE is worth a try once, but don't expect the lavish Asian service experience you might assume they would have.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold, Hertz PC (Prefer Silvercar)
Great advice, thanks. 744 sounds like the best option. It's gonna be crazy RTW so I'll need every bit of comfort I can get.

Though I wish there's an A380 route of SF. I might position myself out of LAX or NYC since I use to live there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.