Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Can I earn miles on different FF programs on a multi-airlines trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

I am quite new to this forum as a member so forgive me if the message is not in the right category.

I will travel on different airlines on a return trip from Sydney to Paris. My travel agent found me the following return trip with multiple airlines and one not from the Skyteam alliance.

SYD-SIN: SQ flight Singapore Airlines
SIN-CDG: AF flight Air France
CDG-CAN: AF flight China Southern
CAN-SYD: AF flight China Southern

I registered my Flying Blue FF number but I'm won't able to earn on it points for the first SQ flight since Singapore Airline is not part of the Skyteam alliance.

Do you know any way to earn Flying Blue miles for the Skyteam legs (2,3,4) and Virgin Velocity points for the leg with Singapore Airlines?
e.g. Is it possible to put different FF number for every leg of the trip?

Cheers!

Last edited by aliallo; Feb 23, 2014 at 6:30 am Reason: title correction
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Your travel agent should be able to enter the FFP # for each leg individually according to your wishes.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I will send her an email in that regards then!

Advise appreciated!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I wrote to the travel agent and here is her reply.

"I'm sorry, it's one FF card or the other. I cannot split them in my system.
Maybe I delete your details completely and you get the card you want swiped on check in."

What would you advise?

Cheers
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:53 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
It's definitely possible to add more than one FF-number. AFAIK it is coded into the booking in a way like:

SQ:FFLH123412341234
AF:FFAF234523452345

meaning that for SQ flight segments a LH FF number is used and for AF flight segments a flying blue FF number is used. LH stands as an example for any SQ partnership programm to collect miles.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Sounds pretty what I need. Do you know if I can do it myself (through any booking management system) or I need to go through my travel agent, which seems not able to do it?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
You can't do it yourself. If your travel agent is unable to do it, you can put AF in the booking and claim the SQ miles from VA afterwards by explaining the situation to them. But keep your boarding pass.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:33 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
Originally Posted by aliallo
Sounds pretty what I need. Do you know if I can do it myself (through any booking management system) or I need to go through my travel agent, which seems not able to do it?
You leave the AF FF number as it is in all reservations and when you check-in for your first flight, (SQ) either on-line, or at the check-in counter, make sure you insert the desired FF# in there (to collect SQ flights miles- Virgin FF#).

If the first flight Boarding Pass shows your Virgin FF#, than it is good. If your online check-in does not show Virgin FF# on the first BP. make sure you go to SQ check-in counter and ask SQ staff to print a new BP with Virgin FF# on it.

If the SQ is producing all the other BPs, ask if they could insert the AF FF# on the rest of the BP or ask the same at your next point-of transfer (SIN) where you will see the staff at Transit Desk at Changi to help you (re)print the rest of the BPs. Make sure you see the AF FF# on the rest of the BPs before you board your next flight.

If you get this achieved before boarding the flights, you will get the miles according to your wish, but if you did not get your miles, you still have to write to the respective programmes with your copies of BPs to retro-claim the miles, so keep those BPs untill you see the miles in the accounts.

Also note, there is no guarantee you will get miles for all your flights, especially, the SQ ones, because, it will usually exclude a lot of booking classes from earning miles, make some research to find if your booking class is miles accrue-able one.

Last edited by anishub; Feb 24, 2014 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the plan I am flying today, I'll let you know what happens! I've made my research it seems I am eligible to miles with my Singapore SQ leg (1point per mile) therefore that's why I am so keen to make both work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.