Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no flights to Berlin on Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

no flights to Berlin on Skyteam?

We were going to book tickets from JFK to Berlin for this June, when TWO different Delta agents (on the PM line) said that none of the Skyteam partners are flying to Berlin this summer. They said that whatever flights are being shown now online have not reflected this latest change. What gives?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
They don't know what the are talking about.

Sometimes the answer with DL agents is unfortunately obvious.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:39 pm

It's pretty wrong. Air France and KLM do it each day many flights. If your purhcase your ticket on line on delta.com with the option by city it should be OK.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Berlin's new Brandenburg airport is opening in June 2012, Agents may still be looking at flights to Tegel (TXL). There will be SkyTeam flights to BER.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I already have confirmed tickets to BER for this year.

i.e: call again and again till you get what you want.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks 3Cforme, that must be it. Will check with agents again and ask for BER.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
A lot of airlines are still confused wrt the new BER airport. CO recently claimed they wouldn't fly to BER either. It will take a while until everyone realizes there is a new airport in Berlin.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:58 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Berlin's new Brandenburg airport is opening in June 2012, Agents may still be looking at flights to Tegel (TXL). There will be SkyTeam flights to BER.
Originally Posted by cfischer
A lot of airlines are still confused wrt the new BER airport. CO recently claimed they wouldn't fly to BER either. It will take a while until everyone realizes there is a new airport in Berlin.
They nailed it. DL was telling me when changing my ticket that there are no flights after June. I told them to use the "BER" instead of "Berlin" or "TXL" and voilá, all flights came up and are confirmed. Tell them explicitly to search for "BER", since typing in the city brings up TXL. There actually is a remark in the system but most agents won't read those (same as when booking, you get a message that the airport and code is changing)

On a side note, I can understand the hesitation. I acquired a piece of land close to SXF (physical location of BER) in 96. Each year from then on, I got a letter saying the new airport is "opening next year" ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.