Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Scams??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hello Mema,
my name is Sabine Blasig and I work in the Sixt UK customer service Team.
Please could you e-mail me a screen shot of the transaction to [email protected] and I will be happy to look into this matter further for you.

Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Thank you very much for your proposal, Sabine.
I have sent you an email with my account statement with subject "Transaction details | Sixt DE | Flyertalk".

I take this opportunity to publicly congratulate you and your team for the Outstanding Customer Service Award Sixt UK won recently, I hope it serves as inspiration to your German peers.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Thumbs down

Another bad experience with Sixt (at MUC airport), and I had the feeling of being scammed from start to finish.

-invoice was 2.5 times the amount specified in my contract (happened with my last 3 Sixt rentals)
-automatically added any kind of possible insurance
-added 1 day
-surly staff
-took almost 20 minutes for returning to car, as the guy who collected my car was searching so incredibly hard to find a damage. I think he was even considering to get a microscope to find any.

bye bye Sixt....
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:27 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
Another bad experience with Sixt (at MUC airport), and I had the feeling of being scammed from start to finish.

-invoice was 2.5 times the amount specified in my contract (happened with my last 3 Sixt rentals)
-added 1 day
-surly staff
-took almost 20 minutes for returning to car, as the guy who collected my car was searching so incredibly hard to find a damage. I think he was even considering to get a microscope to find any.

bye bye Sixt....
Hi,

I'm sorry to read that you were unhappy with our service and charges.Please could you forward some details to [email protected].

I'll be grateful if I could look into this for you.

Best regards
Gary

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Mar 14, 2011 at 1:54 am
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Van_Looy

-added 1 day
-surly staff

bye bye Sixt....
the last point you are making is particularly for MUC not believable. This is why the rest of the post is quite questionable as well.
actually the rest is self-explanatory. you must have returned the car late, therefore the weekend tarif is not valid anymore and therefore the price increases drastically.
nevertheless, if something got mixed up in the IT system, maybe the time of cleaning the car was taken as return time. Then you should have good chances to get the normal price.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN
@Mr. Coughlan. Thank you very much for your follow-up and offer for assistance. Sixt has meanwhile resolved the situation and promised to make a refund.

@sixtisbest. I just state the facts, the guy checking my car was extremely overzealous and noted some incredibly minor damages. I had to look 3 times to see what he was talking about (and surely will have overlooked these probably pre-existing "damages" when I picked up the car and made a quick inspection). From our conversation, I had the impression that he was reprimanded earlier for not having noticed some damage on another car.

Why is it not believable? Which interest could I have to misrespresent the facts?

Actually, your username makes your objectiveness highly questionable, and by the way, your assumptions are incorrect. I did not return the car late. And I didn't have a weekend tariff. You must have extraordinary powers of deduction as you seem to be able to create an infallable conclusion based on pure guesses or random assumptions.

Whereas Sixt has resolved the situation now, I had a very negative impression from start to finish (pick-up counter + return). I must add that I have rented several times with Sixt at MUC, and my other experiences were positive (as was the Sixt follow-up on this issue). Perhaps, just a bad day?

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
the last point you are making is particularly for MUC not believable. This is why the rest of the post is quite questionable as well.
actually the rest is self-explanatory. you must have returned the car late, therefore the weekend tarif is not valid anymore and therefore the price increases drastically.
nevertheless, if something got mixed up in the IT system, maybe the time of cleaning the car was taken as return time. Then you should have good chances to get the normal price.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:38 am

the username is from 2006 or maybe even earlier, dont remember.

the calculation of the your price at the end of the rental is purely IT based.
either you returned the car late or the tariff was incorrect when you got the keys to the car and you did not mention it on the rental contract.

my guess was, that a weekend got over-extended. if you say, it was not returned late, then something at the beginning must have been wrong.

or do you believe someone in Sixt will during the rental manually change your tariff code?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:16 am

sixt car rental scan

I rented from sixt over six months ago, and just received a bill ( via email)for damages (700) euro's to the rental car. After checking into things I noticed that to noreply return email was different from the one I received when I rented the car. These scam artists. All of the documents looked real. Don't be fooled by these people.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC
I use rental cars all the time and Sixt are my 'go to' company for leisure and I've rented from them throughout Europe. They're not allowed through my organisation, however which is a shame.

I have encountered numerous problems. For example a car that was filthy inside (crisp packets on the floor, etc). Cars frequently do not have all of the damage marked on them when you collect them. That said, the customer service on fixing these issues when raised is excellent and where appropriate compensation is made without prompting. I regularly get free upgrades and I find the staff at my local branch friendly and helpful.

Yes these problems shouldn't occur in the first place but I judge a company with how they deal with problems. I have experienced problems with other rental firms where they may basically flip you the finger unless you're a corporate client.

I've got a Sixt car at present. It was brand new with 2 miles on the clock when I collected it last week. Let's hope there's no problem in returning it tomorrow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.