Wiki Posts
Search

Lax must provide proof of insurance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
Lax must provide proof of insurance

Else they'll cancel reservation or add on ldw due to new policy change? Anyone else get that up sell BS?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by gimmedub
Else they'll cancel reservation or add on ldw due to new policy change? Anyone else get that up sell BS?
I was at MIA and the guy in a quick gloss over said something about did I want basic or full coverage so quickly i just said basic didn't think much about it because he moved on trying to pull a fast one. I knew I pre paid and did pay for tolls but didn't pay for LDW. I didn't realize he did all this until after I saw the contract and after I returned it spoke to a nice lady at the counter and they removed it.

No where on the website does it state you need insurance or LDW so I guess he's lying? Unless you're trying to rent a high end car? High end as like a car that base price starts around $60,000-$80,000 like a Porsche?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Are you sure it's LDW that they're talking about, and not SLI?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:41 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Not so. I just rented there yesterday and no problem at all, though I do have liability insurance as I don't own a car but rent frequently. They asked the usual question, do you wnat the coverages? Just say no.

Nice MB C300 PLT UPG from standard elite res.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
rbAA I think I got scammed similar to your MIA experience - do the agents get a commission on these??? Unreal - $25/day for coverage and $7 for roadside assistance - I called last night and they said they'll forward to the operating manager for a response. What a joke this is becoming.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
rbAA I think I got scammed similar to your MIA experience - do the agents get a commission on these??? Unreal - $25/day for coverage and $7 for roadside assistance - I called last night and they said they'll forward to the operating manager for a response. What a joke this is becoming.
Rental agents definitely do make commission on incremental sales options. The highest commission percentage I've seen was about 20%, though I think industry standard is closer to 10-15%, depending on the agent's sales performance. Some rental agents make well into the low six figures.

Enterprise agents are not commissioned, but they are thoroughly brainwashed, and their prospects for advancement in the company (every Enterprise hiree's sole goal in life, at least until they burn out or get fired) in the company are tied to (among other things) sales performance, so they can be as bad, or worse, than agents at other companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.