Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotspot in BMW vehicles thru Sixt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Hotspot in BMW vehicles thru Sixt

I am going to Germany this summer and am renting an LDAR vehicle (BMW 525/530 or Benz E-Class) for two weeks.

Sixt is the only one that allows me to drive LDAR vehicles in Prague so....

Then I read that Sixt had a promotion back in 2013 that put in Hotspot in their fleet of BMW cars.

It seems to no longer be offered after 2015.. I'm assuming it's because the Deutsche Telekom and BMW contract expired. I am not really clear on this.. there were a lot of information but most were dated 2013 or 2014.

It's now 2017... can I get hotspot without needing to rent a pocket Wi-Fi hotspot for my summer trip to Europe? Will it work when I cross borders into Czech Republic?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:50 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Can't really comment on the Sixt situation but if you have a recent generation smartphone you can just pop in a local sim and enable mobile hotspot on it. I do it all the time. It will probably be less expensive than renting a separate hotspot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.